Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Scotiabank Calgary marathon: training week six


Six weeks down only twelve more to go! 

March 3, 2014
  • CrossFit workout:
10 to 1 reps of:
Chest to bar pull ups (used a blue band)
Push jerk (62lbs)

 
March 4, 2014
  • hill repeats
  • 5.13km (5:09/km avg) total- warm up, five hill repeats and cool down
  • At home workout from Glistenfit of:
1. three rounds, 1 min each:
KB swings
high knees
frog jumps
split lunges
plank


2. two rounds, 1 min each of:
elevated plank steps
side plank with leg raises
plank shoulder touches
plank around the world
plank regular hold


March 5, 2014
  • CrossFit workout of:
Tabata intervals
Push ups, toes to rings, box jumps and kettle bell swings

March 6, 2014
  • tempo run with Harley
  • Warm up, 4:56, 4:48, 4:48, 4:43, 4:56, 4:51 and cool down
  • at home workout from Glistenfit
March 7, 2014
  •  at home workout of:
3 rounds x 1 min each
Burpee to DB overhead
KB swings
High knees
Plank with shoulder touch
Plank rows with DB


March 8, 2014
  • Long run of 30.35kms {6:04/km avg pace}. This was not my run at all. From about kilometer three, I thought about turning around and going home. How bad is that?! But, I knew it would suck to have to just go out and restart on Sunday, so I got it done. It took a bunch of walking breaks throughout, but I got it done.
March 9, 2014
  • 7.0km walk with Harley. It was such a gorgeous day finally, so I couldn't pass up the chance to go for a long walk.
  • CrossFit workout of:
A1. Box jumps 5 x 5 sets (up to 28")
A2: Clean and jerk 2 x 5 sets (up to 72lbs)
 
Overall, not a bad week of training minus my crappy long run on Saturday. Fingers crossed next week is better!
 
Tell me: how was your week of workouts/training?


6 comments :

  1. I have runs like that sometimes too. The minute you start, you just want to stop! I just push that to the side, and start fresh the next day! Great week of training! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it done! Last year the only thing that stopped me abandoning a particularly crappy long run was knowing I had mixed my last electrolyte tabs in my hydration pack and I didn't want to buy more for the next day. Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've had a pretty solid week of training! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job pushing through your crappy long run! That will really make a difference for your training MENTALLY! I really admire how good you are at fitting in crossfit and at-home strength workouts while marathon training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doing great with your workouts! I need some of that motivation
    I was thinking of trying some of the glistenfit - how are they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your long run was not good. It sucks to want to turn back so early in the run. I have been there so understand that feeling. I hope your long run goes much better this weekend.

    My week of workouts was pretty good. I did my usual combo of spin, running, and walked the hill route on the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...