Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A very late weekend recap

My visit home has come and gone :( Why do they always have to go so fast?! I didn't take very many pictures this weekend, but let's see what I got up to:
  • flew home on Thursday night. My mom picked me up from the airport and we stopped for a quick dinner
  • Friday was spent going to a couple small towns including the one I grew up in. Funny how some things never really change
  • Friday night we had dinner at my mom's friend's house and then went to KW symphony. They are putting on a concert series where they cover music and that night it was music from Ray Charles. It was actually really good!
  • Saturday morning I went out for breakfast with my younger brother, my dad and his wife. It was nice to catch up with them.
  • in the afternoon, my mom, my future SIL and myself went for lunch, pedicures at Gina's and then to see The Other Women. A fun afternoon!
  • on Sunday, family and friends came over for a get together. It was great to see everyone!
  • Monday was spent going for a walk, taking a nap, watching a terrible made for TV movie and hanging out with my mom before heading to the airport
Mr. D sent me this picture while I was gone :)
Myself and my mom's friend
M, myself and my mom after our pedicures
 
Myself and my brothers at my younger brother's new shop


Overall, a great weekend! I'm looking forward to going back at the end of May again. And thank you again to my mom for everything!

6 comments :

  1. Glad to hear you had a nice weekend home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What town did you grow up in again? So glad you had a great weekend home!!
    I want to see the other woman - was it good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good trip. Sounded great. I want to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you got to go home and visit your family :) You are so brave, I am a wimp and could not live that far away from mine. So good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fun weekend at home with your family. Your mom and you look so much alike!! I am glad you have another trip home to look forward to, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww glad you had so much fun visiting your family. I can definitely relate to how hard it is to live far from family. Trips home always go way too fast! Would your mom ever consider moving to Calgary??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...