Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Scotiabank Calgary Marathon: training week eleven



Eleven weeks down, only seven more (or 46 more days!) to go. This training cycle is going by quickly, but I also don't want it to. I need more time to heal! This was the week of zero running. I really want my knee to heal, so no running will hopefully help with that. I started feeling antsy on Tuesday if I am being completely honest! I also felt like I had so much free time and remembered that's what it's like not to workout or train for a marathon ;)

Find my previous recaps here:
Week one 
Week two 
Week three 
Week four 
Week five 
Week six 
Week seven  Week eight Week nine
Week ten 

This week included lots of this:



April 7, 2014
  • 3.2km walk with Harley
  • T25 beta upper focus
April 8, 2014

April 9, 2014
  • 2.5km walk with the dogs
  • Upper body weight and abs workout from Efit mama
April 10, 2014
  • rest 
 April 11, 2014
  • 3.0km walk with the dogs
  • weights workout
April 12, 2014
  • 3.2km walk with the dogs
  • 40 minute spin on my bike on the trainer {my knee didn't feel great doing this}
  • Upper body superset workout from Peanut Butter Fingers blog {see above}
April 13, 2014
  • 4.0km walk with Mr.D and the dogs 
  • T25 beta rip't circuit
 Tell me: how was your week of training/ workouts?

5 comments :

  1. Do you like that roller? I have a "travel roller" but it isn't hard enough. I am trying to pick up a "rumble roller" that I use at the crossfit box. I am trying to stay positive too - I want more time to train. I feel like I am totally behind the eight ball. (Damn winter!). I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better ASAP! Injuries suck!!! Have you tried ART yet?? I would highly recommend it, it might really help release the tight muscles around your knee that are causing you pain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hope your knee starts getting stronger/less painful soon. Love the trigger point foam roller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I want one of those rollers! I have a plain pink one from the Running room but that green one you have looks super cool. Gosh I hope you feel some strength and not pain in your knee soon. When mine started bugging me I backed off mileage, iced/heated every single night. It was annoying but it really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you feel better soon and get back to running soon. I had to take about 7-10 days off around the same time of the training cycle when I ran the Des Moines marathon as I got bronchitis and it just messed with me mentally to have to take that break but I came back strong and still ran a great race so hopefully that will be the case for you!

    Last week was a blur as I flew so much but I still managed to run 4 times, take a spin class, take a body pump class, and go to yoga once!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...