Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Scotiabank Calgary Marathon: training week ten


Another week of training done! Last week wasn't the greatest thanks to knee pain. I should have not been so stubborn and stopped running last week, but I'm way too stubborn. I'm taking this week off and going to physio tomorrow. Fingers crossed I am back up and running soon. It's only been two days of not running and I'm already feeling antsy.

You can find my previous training recaps here:

Week one Week two Week three Week four Week five Week six Week seven 
Week eight
Week nine

March 31, 2014
  • 4.0km walk with Harley
  • T25 beta dynamic core and beta upper focus
April 1, 2014
  •  8 x 400m's {5.31kms total}
    • 500m warm up  
    • 1:53/1:52/1:49/1:50/1:53/1:46/1:46/1:47 
    •  300m cool down
  • I was worried about my knee, but it didn't hurt at all
  • 4.0km walk with Harley
April 2, 2014
  • rest day
April 3, 2014
  • 1 on/1 off x10  {3.65kms total}
    • did this on the treadmill at home because I was unsure of how my knee would hold up. It hurt a little bit, but nothing major.
April 4, 2014
  • 3.2km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout of:
"Annie"
50, 40, 30, 20, 10 of:

Double unders 
Sit ups

April 5, 2014
  • 10.5km long run. This was supposed to be 28kms, but my knee started REALLY hurting around kilometer 8. I decided to go a little further and then had Mr.D pick me up. Not worth it to keep running and hurt it further.
April 6, 2014
  • 5.0km walk with Harley
 Tell me: how was your week of training/workouts?


6 comments :

  1. Oh no! I hope your knee gets better! What a pain! ;( have you seen a dr or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solid week of training considering the knee pain! :) Rest is the best thing you can do. I know from experience how frustrating that can be, but in the long run it is better that you don't risk hurting it more. I hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you figure out what is going with your knee... I am glad you are seeing a physio. Hopefully it is something that will heal super fast as I know the last thing you need right now is an injury. :/

    My week of workouts was really good last week. I ran 3 times, went to body pump twice, tried a barre class (which ended up being too hard for me because a lot of it was done on you tip toes and that's really painful for me with my RA), did a different cardio/strength combo class that was awesome and went to a deep stretch yoga class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better ASAP! I haven't had a running injury since 2010 and that's when I really seriously started doing yoga so I totally credit my non-injuries to that because I've definitely put in some high mileage since then, especially last year! Maybe try adding in two at-home yoga workouts a week? Even just doing a 20-minute session from yoga download would probably help a lot! They have some good yoga sessions for runners on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knee pain seems to be all over the blogger world! I really hope you feel some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My week was good. Crossfit was really good - some tough WODS. Running was so-so :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...