Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Training Tuesday

The other day I was looking at my dailymile account, and it's officially been over a month since I have ran :( Major sad face over here. BUT, I did try running for a short time (less than a 500ms) last night, and there was zero knee pain. So excited about that! Hoping to get back out there slowly, but surely. Fingers crossed it won't feel like starting from the very beginning again. 

Let's see what I was up to workout wise last week:

April 28, 2014
  • rest day as I was traveling back from Ontario
April 29, 2014
  • 5.0km walk with Harley. It was so gorgeous out this night!
  • a garage workout that I adapted from Glisten Fit of:
5 rounds of:
25 KB swings
20 lunges with KB pass through
30 single arm KB swings
80 single skips


April 30, 2014
  •  T25 Gamma extreme circuit
  • Tabata workout in the garage of: Push ups, single leg deadlifts, Russian twists, shoulder touches and clean & jerks
 May 1, 2014
  • 4.2km walk with Harley
  • CrossFit workout of:
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
10 deadlifts (85lbs)
10 pushups
10 toes to rings

I managed 9 rounds plus 3 deadlifts
 
May 2, 2014
  • T25 Alpha total body circuit
  • 4.0km walk with Harley
May 3, 2014
  • 4.2km walk with Harley
  • T25 Alpha cardio
May 4, 2014
  • 4.0km walk with Harley and Mr.D
  • CrossFit workout of:
9, 6, 3 reps of:
Strict handstand push ups (did kipping and negatives)
Hang power cleans (65lbs)
Burpee over bar

  • T25 Alpha speed 1.0
Tell me: how was your week of workouts?

4 comments :

  1. I'm glad you can at least still fit in Crossfit but I sure hope you can get back to running ASAP! Have you looked into ART yet? I seriously can't recommend it enough! I should actually write a blog post about how I stay injury free. I honestly believe running most of my runs on the trails, doing regular yoga and getting regular ART and massage is why because I was plagued with injuries in 2009 - 2010 but have not had an injury since then and that's when I started doing all those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 2nd Amber's recommendation for ART. I did it fairly often when I was training for my Des Moines marathon and I feel like it kept me injury free. It's painful at times as they really work out the knots but I really think it helps. I hope that you are able to return to running and I promise you it will not be like starting over as you are clearly staying very fit with your other activities. I mean, I took 10 months off and was able to do FAR less during those 10 months than you are doing now and my return to running was actually way better than I thought it would be. I thought I'd be super slow but I was back to sub-9 minute miles in my first month back which is pretty good, I think!

    Anyways, my week of workouts last week was good. I ran less but hiked a lot which is the way my weeks will be right now as I am trying to take advantage of the local hiking. When I move back, my mileage will increase. Besides hiking and running, I took a spin class and some other strength training classes at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are maintaining your fitness through Garage Workouts and Crossfit! All that weight training will definitely help you get back in to running quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you with the T25! :) Gamma Speed 3.0 is my fav - do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...