Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Training Tuesday

It still feels weird not to be following a training plan or having anything on the race schedule, but it's also nice to do whatever I feel like each night. I'm toying with the idea of running the 5 or 10k race at the Stampede Road Race. Anyone else running it that I could join in with?

May 12, 2014
  • 4.2km walk with Harley
  • T25 alpha total body circuit
May 13, 2014
  • rest
May 14, 2014
  • CrossFit workout of:
800m run
30 ring dips (used a red band)
800m run
30 push ups (from my knees)
 
May 15, 2014
  • 5.0km run/walk with Harley. It definitely wasn't fast, but felt great to get out there
 
May 16, 2014
  • 4.2km walk with Harley
May 17, 2014
  • 7.2km run/walk with Harley. Lots of walking this time as my knee twinged and felt weird, so I didn't want to push it
May 18, 2014
  • CrossFit workout of:
50 chest to bar pull ups (used a blue band)
1000m row
  • I haven't done pull-ups in a while, so my arms/back are still killing me!
Tell me: how was your week of workouts? For those of you running the Calgary Marathon, how was your final week of training?

7 comments :

  1. Love that pic of you are Harley! Last week was great, now onto taper time! It came so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think you may be able to run a race this year - go knee go! :) Love that photo of you and Harley. So cute. I'm trying to find a running stroller to buy so w can get out for runs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pic of you and Harley!! Cant believe all that snow you still have!!! Yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see you are able to add the running slowly back in with your cross training Leigh! I hope to see you there as I'm doing the half as the Stampede Road Race is one of my favourite races. One day at a time! Stay positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great pic of you and Harley! There is still that much snow????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not believe you had that much snow in mid-may. Please tell me it's gone by now? My workouts last week were so so. I fit them in amidst the packing and moving process but I didn't get to do them at my usual time so I felt a little off. And then I did nothing on Saturday and Sunday due to our road trip. But I am back on track now that I am home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Training wasn't the best but I'm confident in the mileage again (5.5 weeks off running felt like FOREVER!) I know the speed isn't there...but I'll be happy, and proud, to cross the finish line! Wish you were racing too :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...