Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Belated weekend recap

Gah, sorry for the delayed post and silence! I got home late on Sunday night and just haven't felt like sitting down to blog since then.

On Thursday afternoon, I flew home to Ontario. My mom picked me up at the airport and we went for dinner with a friend. It was nice to catch up with both of them!

On Friday, we got up and drove up to the beach (also known as Grand Bend) as my mom had a few things to do there. We had to make a pit stop at Target as I didn't pack any shorts, and it was going to be gorgeous all weekend! Not sure what I was thinking when I packed my bag. We had lunch and went for a walk on the beach before we headed back home. It was a gorgeous day at the beach! Later that night, we went to my future SIL's house for dinner with her bridal party and mom. It was a casual night, but fun.

Saturday was wedding day! In the morning, I took my mom to get our hair and make up done for a mother's day gift. It was really nice having someone do my make up as I am terrible at it! After getting all dolled up, we headed downtown Kitchener to grab some lunch before the ceremony. My brother and his now wife had a simple, but lovely wedding. The ceremony was at city hall and then dinner was at a local restaurant. It was a wonderful day!

Just married!

My mom, younger brother and I

My brother's and I

My dad, his wife, brother and myself
Sunday was a pretty relaxed day. I went for breakfast with my dad, his wife and my younger brother in the morning. In the afternoon, we dropped by to see my brother's place and then had dinner at my mom's. Then it was time for the airport again :(

A very quick, but fun trip home. If only it didn't have to go by so quickly!

12 comments :

  1. It was a gorgeous weekend here!! What restaurant did you end up at? You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of you weekend in Ontario and your family time! It looks like a beautiful wedding. I always love the simple ones the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beach looks gorgeous! Glad you got to spend some time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trip even through it was quick and sweet. You look awesome. Love your hair. how fun you guys did hair and make up together!! Glad you got some family time in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun!! That dress looked awesome and your hair and makeup were VERY pretty!! Glad you had a great trip! It's always tough to go home for sure a quick trip but still nice to see family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend. You look beautiful - I love that dress!! I am glad you had a fun weekend at home. They always go by way too fast and I know that sinking feeling of sadness when you have to go to the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful! And of course so does the bride. ;) Congrats to your brother and his wife!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend!! Love all the family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great Leigh, love your dress, hair and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where oh where is the mention of the amazing balloon welcome at the airport... the highlight of your trip home! Come back anytime

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your dress. Glad you were able to go

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress on you! Looks so great! Glad you had a wonderful trip home even though it was so quick!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...