Thursday, July 3, 2014

A long overdue post!

I didn't mean to be so quiet on the blog front, but life got busy for a second! But, I'm hoping to get back into. Let's start with last Thursday night.

My brother was scheduled to fly in that night at 9:30pm, but his flight ended up being delayed by 4 hours. Then Lauren emailed saying her and her husband were stuck in Calgary for the night due to a missed flight. We ended up meeting up for a beer {thanks again guys!} and some catching up, which was really nice. I hadn't seen Lauren since Victoria over three years ago. And it was fun meeting and getting to know her husband :)



After Mr.D so kindly picked my brother up at 2am from the airport, we were off on Friday afternoon to make the drive to Kamloops. My cousin was getting married, so we figured why not road trip out there (it's about a 7.5 hour drive). We arrived on Friday night and ended up going to the henna party, which is totally not what I thought it was going to be! It ended up being a party with food, booze and dancing and some henna. Far from what I had in mind! I did get my first henna though which was fun.

Saturday we had opted out from going to the wedding events (the ceremony was on the Sunday), so we spent the morning going for a hike with my other cousin. There was lots of sliding and scaling of rocks on this hike, but it gave us some gorgeous views! We also lucked out and the sky clouded over or else we would have been cooking!


The rest of the day was spent going to a couple bike shops, grabbing food and hanging out. 

Sunday was the actual ceremony and it was quite the day! It started out at 9am with us signing and dancing around my cousin {who was in a car} towards the conference centre and where the brides family was. The ceremony ended up going until after 12pm, so we had a bite to eat {they had a big lunch buffet} and then headed back to our room to hang out for a bit. Later in the afternoon, we headed to my other cousin's house for family pictures and beer pong {well, not for me since I don't drink :) }. The reception started at 6pm with cocktails and food, and then speeches, dancing, etc took place after that. The brides family definitely spared no expense on this wedding!



On Monday, my aunt and uncle had a small BBQ at their place. After enjoying some yummy food, we hit the road back to Calgary.

It was a fun weekend spending time with my brother and family!

13 comments :

  1. Sounds like a super fun weekend and wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! Beautiful views on your hike!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great Leigh! I had no idea Kamloops was so stunning, must get out that way some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend! Love your dress :) See you later today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding looks like it was so much fun!
    On another note - how is your knee feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those views are beautiful! We are going to Kelowna this weekend, so I am thinking I should look up some local hikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a super fun wedding. I hate to make generalizations like this, but Indian weddings seem to be especially the top and unique! Looks like a cool event! And I love that green dress you are wearing!

    How fun that you got to see Lauren and Pete for a bit. I have met Pete twice and he is such a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, missed you around here! It looks like you had a fun time! Your hair looked awesome! I didn't know you didn't drink! I didn't start until I was 21 and now I only have the occasional drink (like mayyybe once a month.) It's always nice to meet other people who don't need liquor to have a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sad I missed you guys! Glad you had a great weekend though and too bad the weather wasn't a bit better, you left just a day too early because the weather got AMAZING on Canada Day and has been so so hot and sunny all week!

    I think it would be so cool to go to a wedding like that. A fun experience for sure, glad you guys had fun and I LOVE the dress you wore to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful day for a hike!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, an incredibly beautiful hike AND wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun wedding!! So different! You look great as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed this!! Looks like so much fun! Indian weddings are a blast! That's nice that you were able to have an impromptu visit with Lauren!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...