Wednesday, July 23, 2014

{baby d}: weeks four to thirteen


  • had blood work done on May 7th and the doctor's office called the next day to ask me to come in
  • went into the office on May 13 and my doctor said there was a low amount of HCG in my blood (15 mIU/ml). He said that I could either be pregnant or could miscarry. He sent me for another blood test, which I did right after I left the office. Spend the whole day worrying and wondering if I am actually pregnant. Called Brian at work to let him know what was going on. I was also due to get my period this day, but it obviously never showed up!
  • my doctor called me on my way home from work and said "congratulations, you are pregnant!" My HCG levels went up to 400, which indicated that I am in fact pregnant (anywhere from 4-5 weeks). Made an appointment in the next few weeks to go back in to see him.
  • Brian had gone for a bike ride, so I had to wait until he got home. I had set up a onesie and the pregnancy test on the bed thinking he'd go upstairs to change. He asked me if my doctor called, so I had to lie and say no, not yet. He finally went upstairs and saw the onesie and test and we both were in a little bit of shock. He also came home with a Mcflurry because he had a feeling I was pregnant...love him! :)
  • I really didn't think I was pregnant, but two weekends before, I had fallen asleep at 9pm on the Friday night and then slept in late the next day and napped too. I also had the sorest boobs ever! I wasn't sure if those were signs or just PMS symptoms.
  • Feeling: tired, headaches, excited
  • a few headaches this week
  • some cramping 
  • starting to get tired! Had a nap after work on Tuesday 
  • hunger started to kick in at the end of the week. Couldn't stay full!
  • had a doctor's appointment to get some information. More blood work. Waiting for the maternity clinic that will follow me through my pregnancy to call to schedule my 12 week appointment. Seems so far away!
    • headaches
    • tired
    • no energy or desire to workout 
    • started feeling nauseous at the end of the week
    • baby took it's first airplane ride!
    • told our parents and brothers
    • nauseous
    • tired
    • sore boobs
    • scheduled our 12 week appointment at the maternity clinic and our first ultrasound
    •  two day headaches- had to take a pain killer
    • nauseous in the morning
    • still so hungry!
    • tired
    • a couple headaches
    • will I ever stop eating?!
    • hungry
    • peeing all the time
    • trip to Kamloops and telling my cousin/best friend

    • headaches
    • tired

    • got to hear the heartbeat (155) the 12 week appointment! So amazing.
    • first trimester screening ultrasound. Everything looked perfect, baby was measuring 12w5d and I am 12w2d. Heartbeat was 157
    • headaches
    • telling Mr.D's close friends in person
    • finally sharing our news on the blog and Instagram

    17 comments :

    1. Just have to say I love these updates so keep them coming! Also, have you tried peppermint oil for the headaches, it helped me sometimes.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ah! I'm just so excited for you guys! :) Hopefully the headaches go away soon. I second Lindsey though - try peppermint oil

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love the updates! Jolly Ranchers/Sour Patch Kids were life-savers when I was feeling sick in the beginning! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. You look awesome :) already glowing

      ReplyDelete
    5. You are the cutest! I am so excited to follow along with you on this amazing journey! I hope those headaches get better.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Congratulations!!! Such exciting news. Looking great.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Ah, this is so exciting. I love that you took pics this early. While you aren't really showing, it is cool to see just slight variations and I'm sure it will be really fun when you compare week 5 say to week 20, 30 and 35! Keep the updates coming! I love that Brian brought home a McFlurry thinking you were pregnant. Also, I love your pink and peach colored tops! I need more fun workout tops and this just solidified it. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    8. So exciting! I can see your little belly coming in too! Love these updates :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Love this update! You're so adorable, you're going to make one heck of a cute baby!

      ReplyDelete
    10. You look so great! I am so glad you have been feeling pretty well for the most part. I didn't know about the being extra hungry part, though! I love how you told Mr. D - and that he came home with a McFlurry for you. :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Congratulations Leigh! I'm so excited to r you and B! Also glad I decided to catch up on blogs today haha

      ReplyDelete
    12. Congratulations, I'm so excited for you all. Can't wait to follow you on this journey :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. Just starting to see the bump!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Love this so much!! :) Makes me so excited. Love how you told B! So fun. Can't wait to see that bump grow!!! You are looking great! :)

      ReplyDelete
    15. I'm so excited for all your updates!! Little tiny belly!

      So did you suspect you were pregnant or did you just have some routine bloodwork?

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...