Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Common questions and answers

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all of your comments yesterday on my post and on Instagram! Mr.D and I are so excited and I'm happy that I can finally talk about it in the open now!

I apologize as this week of posts is going to be baby related, but next week should be back to normal. I thought I would answer a few of the common questions today.

When am I due?
  • January 20, 2015, so I am 14 weeks along as of today
Will we find out what we are having?
  • Yes, as long as the baby cooperates. I always said that I wouldn't find out until the birth, but I'm too much of a planner not to find out
How am I feeling?
  • I will not complain because I got away with minimal morning sickness and no puking. I was nauseous for a few weeks, but it thankfully passed. I have just been tired, hungry all the time and have been getting lots of headaches lately. Otherwise, good :)
Is your family excited?
  • definitely! Both of our families have known since I was about six weeks along (it just happened  I was going to be in Ontario then and wanted to tell my family in person)
How did you find out?
  • before I tell you the full story, I want to say that Mr.D and I were extremely lucky and were able to conceive right away (even sooner than we might have expected) and my heart goes out to those that are still trying to conceive
  • on Wednesday May 7th, I had gone in for routine blood work in preparation for us to start trying for a family. The next day, my doctor's office called and asked me to come in. I went in the following Tuesday and my doctor said that there was a chance that I was very early pregnant (there was HGC in my blood) or would have a miscarriage shortly. He sent me for more blood work, which I did right after I left the doctor's office.  My doctor called at 5pm that night to tell me that my HGC levels had significantly increased and I was definitely pregnant! I had a sneaking suspicion that I was, but it was still a bit of a surprise (a good one of course!)
Have you had an ultrasound?
  • yes. We chose to do the first trimester combined screening, which means that we were able to have an ultrasound during my 12th week {you otherwise don't have an ultrasound until 18 weeks in Alberta}. It was a relief to know that everything looked good with baby and also so cool to see! We also got to hear the heart beat the day before at the maternity clinic, which was amazing. Nothing beats that!
Okay, I'll be back to tomorrow to catch up on my weekly updates :)

16 comments :

  1. I love reading your baby posts :-)
    Too funny, I also found out I was pregnant through routine blood work lol.
    I hope the headaches go away for you soon, they are zero fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby posts make my heart happy :) That's great that you had minimal morning sickness, my symptoms when I was pregnant with my daughter were about the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE reading your baby posts!! Keep them coming, hahaha!

    So happy to hear both you and baby are doing well xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He/She is already a little cutie! Glad things are well! Can't wait to follow along in your journey! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just soooo darn excited you are finding out!! :) LOVE the baby posts!! Hope the headaches go away - they are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you two (three!!) and how nice that you were able to conceive right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is crazy that you went in for blood work in preparation for starting a family and found out you were already pregnant! How funny!

    So excited for you guys and I enjoy the baby updates :) I want a belly pic!

    Random but I have NEVER had blood work done, is that common if you're planning to get pregnant? (we're definitely not trying to start a family right now, I'm just curious!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you guys!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so super exciting!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will be fun to follow each others progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats again! I am so excited for you guys and am really happy that you were able to get pregnant so easily as I know that can be a challenge! What a blessing that it happened early on when you started to try! I am glad that you were not super sick during the first trimester as I've had some friends who are ridiculously sick and that scares me! I hope the headaches go away, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations!! as someone who is currently baby obsessed, I am happy to hear the news and can't wait to read all your bump-related updates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. missed the first blog entry - i am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. EEEEE! Baby posts make me so excited! Please continue to post lots of baby related stuff!
    Try amping your water intake like crazy. I know you already feel like you have to pee lots, but will probably help with the headaches.
    I can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at that sweet sweet baby! EEEK I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopefully those headaches dissipate!! Love the baby posts! Can't wait to find out what you are having!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...