Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A little of the weekend & Drumheller

On Saturday, we headed to Edmonton because our niece was having her 2nd birthday party on Sunday. In the afternoon on Saturday, I took Harley for a long and hot walk. It was so hot and muggy! The rest of the afternoon/night was spent hanging out with Mr.D's parents. Sunday was the birthday party, which included lots of little kids! 

Since I am off this week too, we decided to drive back to Calgary on Monday. Instead of coming straight home, we decided to take a detour to Drumheller. I had never been before, so I decided it would be fun to do while I was still on holidays. We got to Drumheller around 1pm and it was so hot out! We parked at the Royal Tyrrell Museum and did a quick loop around the pathways since we had Harley with us.





After that quick loop, we drove to the Hoodoo Trail. We expected a bit more of a hike, but it worked out since it was so hot and so many mosquitoes. This was a great spot to see the hoodoos.






Overall, a fun afternoon seeing something new. We will definitely be back when we have kids to go into the museum.

7 comments :

  1. I haven't been to Drumheller since I first moved to Calgary 15 years ago. I forgot how pretty the landscape is. I might need to go back sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I visited Drumheller as a kid and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great photos!! Glad you had a good weekend. We stopped there on our way home from picking Cruz up but I would like to go back. It's just so unique out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Drumheller 2 years ago for our family camping trip. It's so beautiful out there, I love it. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those pictures are awesome. What a cool area! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I bet it was nice to see family, especially your little niece! I hope you are enjoying your last week of vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. I'm excited to take Liam when he's older.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a unique place. Love the last picture of Harley.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...