Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A very inspiring blogger award


The other week, Lindsay nominated me for the very inspiring blogger award. I think she was yanking my chain when she nominated me because I don't think I am that inspiring, but thank you Lindsay! If you haven't checked out Lindsey's blog yet, you definitely should. She just completed the Calgary 70.3 after running the 50K at the Calgary Marathon! She is an amazing machine :)

The Rules

  • Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
  • List the rules and display the award.
  • Share seven facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them
Seven facts about me
  1.  I think it's funny that we are having a little girl because I am so not a pink, girly-girly type of person. Not saying you have to be to have a daughter either. {and of course I am excited to have a little girl!} Can I request people buy us non-pink things as gifts? Totally kidding! 
  2. I absolutely hate scary movies. I jump in regular movies/tv shows that aren't even scary.
  3. I used to think I looked like Julia Stiles. Definitely not so much anymore.
  4. I cannot stand the smell or taste of coffee. It's definitely gotten worse now that I am pregnant.
  5.  Coming up with seven things about yourself is hard.
  6. I sometimes wonder what would be worse- getting shot or stabbed. I'm in no hurry to find out.
  7. If I could get on a plane tomorrow for an all expenses paid trip, it would be to Greece.
Nominations

The rules say that you are supposed to nominate 15 other blogs that you enjoy, but hot dang, that's a lot of blogs! So, instead I think if you are reading today, you should leave a comment with something interesting about yourself that I might not know :)



6 comments :

  1. I totally requested non-pink things when we found out we were having a girl. It kind of worked, but a few pink onesies snuck in under the radar ;)

    As for something interesting about me? I have weird hitchhiker thumbs, which means my thumbs can bend backwards to almost 90 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the coffee! It's like with olives... I try it every so often to see if I like it yet. Nope. Dislike coffee. Dislike olives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like coffee either! I don't know of many other people who dislike it, so it's nice to know I'm not on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you make sure whoever throws your shower knows that you prefer not ALL pink you'll have better luck. Tons of cute turquoise/grey/purple type things for baby girls out there!

    A weird thing about me that no one knows is I cannot stand the sound of clocks ticking. I'm living with my inlaws until our apartment is done and I kind of want to hide all their clocks in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun to read the 7 facts about you. And I think you are inspiring! I look at the workouts you do and how you managed to fit strength training in at Cross Fit while training for a marathon and just find that super impressive. And in general you are a very positive person who seems to focus on the good things in life.

    A weird thing about me is that I am a super high maintenance sleeper. I use an eye mask and ear plugs and take a prescription sleep aid. And despite doing all of that, I still sleep poorly. If I could take a pill to replace the need to sleep, I would, because it is not something I enjoy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What, no pink? I don't think we can be friends anymore ;)

    Oops, I didn't know you didn't like the smell of coffee. We will have to go somewhere else next time so as to not subject you! Since I can't smell I never think of these things! SO you never drink coffee?

    I hate scary movies too.

    I'd also LOVE to go to Greece! Probably on the top of my list for next European adventure. Won't be happening for awhile though.

    Something weird about me- I can't smell, but I think you knew that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...