Monday, September 8, 2014

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! So not ready to go back to work. It's weird to me that in 3.5-4 months, I'll be off work for a year. Craziness.

{friday} my work had a BBQ (one of the co-workers cooks and does all the food for them), so we stayed for that. We had beer can chicken, ribs, veggies, corn, potatoes- all so good! We got home just after 8pm and it was a gorgeous night out, so I took Harley for a quick walk. 

{saturday} my morning started out bright and early with our neighbour's contractor starting work on their deck at 7:05am. Ah, I was not impressed to wake up to the sound of hammering and the saw going off at that time. Mr.D was already up as he was heading out to go biking, so he had a few choice words with the guy. Pretty sure we weren't the only neighbours up as I saw at least two others come out to see who was making all the noise. The home owner ended up coming by later that morning to apologize and he apparently paid the contractor to leave for a couple hours. Nice of him, just crappy it had to happen. 

Later that morning, Alison and Delainey came to pick me up and we headed to the kids toy and clothing sale in our neighbourhood. It was pretty busy when we got there, but we each found a couple cute things. I got a pair of Gap jeans for $5, a little Gap sweater for $3 and a fleece outfit (thinking of using it to bring her home in since it will be the dead of winter) for $1. Not bad! The rest of the day was spent taking Harley for a long walk, napping and watching tv.


{sunday} Mr.D and Justin watched a bike race on TV and then headed out for a bike ride, so I went grocery shopping in the morning. After groceries, I took Harley for a HOT (not complaining at all since the weather is turning to shit this week) run/walk and then spent the afternoon hanging out. 

Tell me: how was your weekend?

8 comments :

  1. It goes so fast! I cannot believe I have been off for almost 11 months, craziness. Cute finds! I have a 0-3 month fleece Old Navy snowsuit that is brand new, I put Avery in it once, so you can certainly borrow it for once she is bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Thanks again for the invite, I washed and D wore her dress yesterday and coat this morning!! :) It is crazy how soon you will be off. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those little polka dot jeans!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing deals!!! and I just saw your instagram....I cannot believe it's snowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I was going to say how did it go from HOT to all that snow in less than 24 hours? Calgary has the craziest weather I've ever heard of/seen. It was cooler here today and super windy this afternoon but nowhere near SNOW weather!!

    Glad you had a great weekend and picked out some cute little outfits for good prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep forgetting to check out that sale each year! The Bowness one isn't nearly as good. And is that pink I see? Yup, it was nasty both times I brought my babies home. Load up on the blankets and cute baby hats!

    I love how you swore in this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those mustard colored jeans! I wish they came in my size! ;) I am glad you got some great deals.

    That is annoying about your neighbor starting construction so early on a weekend. I am glad he came and apologized but sheesh. That is pretty rude!

    My weekend was really good. I was outside quite a bit and am glad I was as it's going to turn colder this week. Although I really shouldn't complain about colder temps considering that you got SNOW. Which is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is a year off standard for canada maternity leave? I am quite jealous about that.. 3 months is going to fly by for me. Love the little gap jeans you got

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...