Monday, September 22, 2014

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! It was such a gorgeous looks like fall, but feels like summer type of weekend in Calgary. Much better than the other week we had with the snow. 

{friday} is it just me or is it hard to find the energy to do anything on Friday nights? I took Harley for a short walk while Mr.D ran to the mall. The rest of the night was spent watching The Blacklist. Almost through the first season.

{saturday} in the morning, we went to meet a lady that works at the doggie day care place that we take Harley to. She will watch dogs in her home, so we wanted to make sure he got along with her kids and her dog. All worked out, which is a big relief for when we go to Ontario. After meeting her, Mr.D did an oil change on the SUV and then we headed out for a walk with Harley. Our neighbourhood was having a family harvest festival and they had food trucks, so we made a pit stop. I've been craving mini doughnuts since the Stampede and there was a truck there that had them. Of course this pregnant lady had to get some! So good.





 In the afternoon, Mr.D went biking with a friend, so I ran a bunch of errands. Picked up some American money for my trip next weekend, bought a new bra, bought diapers {any mom's in Canada...Safeway has Pampers 50% off right now using the coupon on their Facebook page. Works out to $17 a box!}. Once Mr.D got home from biking, we picked up some pizza and spent the night hanging out at home.

{sunday} Mr.D was off biking again in the morning with Justin, so Harley and I went for a run. The rest of the day was spent doing lots of cleaning, laundry and taking a nap. Perfect Sunday afternoon :)

Tell me: how was your weekend?

11 comments :

  1. I love mini donuts! I have to stay clear of the trailer at the market or I would eat them way too much! lol.
    Good find on the diapers! They are so expensive it is great to stock up when you find a sale. I never did since we were using cloth but when we ended up in disposables for 4 months I wish I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on the HUNT for diapers trying to figure out what the best price is. That sale is definitley awesome. I also found on Amazon (canadian!) the big big boxes are 34 bucks it works out to pretty cheap per diaper. Do you guys have Target in Calgary? Maternity/Nursing stuff is 25 percent off right now. I have the grey no wire nursing bra already and it's super comfy for sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Nice work on the donuts! SO good. I need to try some food trucks sometime! Good find on the diapers! If we weren't Huggies users I would be all over that!! :) This weather is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm donuts!! My weekend was good. Relaxing and a long run and lots of "Suits" watching haha! I'm obsessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle with Friday nights, too. We went out for dinner on Friday and then went to Phil's friend's birthday get together and I could not stop yawning. Someone at the get together actually said something to me about it and asked why I was so tired. But I am awake at 4:30 most mornings so staying awake until 9:30-10 is HARD!

    Can't wait to see you on Friday!! And those mini doughnuts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never have energy on Friday nights. Most of mine consist of pi's and a movie. :) Glad you had good weather, and a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's just something about having little diapers in the house isn't there? Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice weekend!! Friday nights are usually pretty lame around here, unless I go to yoga.

    Haha I remember stocking up on diapers when safeway had this sale last year! I need to look into this since we still use disposables occasionally so it's always good to find sales. I find Superstore tends to have the best prices regularly, although not as good as this Safeway sale. I'm just not sure I'll get to safeway before it expires this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend! You guys have the craziest weather in Calgary. How was there snow a few weeks ago and now beautiful sun? oh well I'm glad the snow did not stick around. I had a super busy weekend but have spent tonight relaxing a bit so that's good. See you FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend (and with some really yummy food)! As you know, my weekend was very full of good food, good friends and a lot of activity! Can't really beat that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...