Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Belated scenes from the weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! This weekend recap is a little late, but for good reason. Mr.D's post definitely takes precedent over mine :)

{friday} I ended up being sent home from work early due to fumes in our building. They were doing work on the floor below us, and they were overwhelming. After I left work, I ran some errands to Costco and Winners. In the afternoon, I had a short nap and then headed for a walk with Erica and her adorable daughter Quinn. It was a sunny, but super windy day out, but that didn't stop us from walking about 6kms. 

{saturday} we were both up early that morning and I started doing chores around the house. I think I was going through a major nesting moment because lots of stuff was organized and cleaned out.  Mr.D went biking with a friend in the afternoon, so I took Harley for a walk and then I had a nap and read. The rest of the night was spent getting groceries and watching tv.



{sunday} it was my birthday! I got up to feed Harley and couldn't fall back asleep, which meant my day started at 6:30am. Mr.D made me a delicious breakfast of pancakes, bacon and fruit salad. Hit the spot! After breakfast, we headed out to IKEA where we didn't have much luck. We had brought Harley with us, so stopped at a near by off leash dog park to let him run. He loved it! The rest of the afternoon was spent warming up (it was a chilly day out) and having a nap. Mr.D took me out for dinner to The Keg that night and I left more than stuffed!

In case you are wondering what I got for my birthday, I was spoiled with money, magazine subscriptions, money to get my hair done, a new flat iron and a diaper bag that I've been wanting. I am one lucky girl!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

8 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great birthday weekend! What diaper bag did you get? There are so many cute ones, makes me wish I had one, I never got one - crazy, right?! I just used big purses lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! So glad you were spoiled and had lots of naps! Mmmm the keg!! :) Breaky looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend!! I need to make a trip to ikea!! I wish we had one closer!! Mmhmm love the keg!! Glad you had a great birthday!! Which diaper bag did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Leigh! It's great seeing how baby and you are coming along so nicely! What a loving post from your hubby and a great attitude on your part. You two are sweet. Harley will be a great big brother soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated! Looks like it was a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I am glad you had a great birthday and got some fun gifts! My weekend was great as I hosted my friend from Charlotte. The weather her was beautiful so it was great to walk around and show her the sights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got spoiled and had such a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great birthday weekend!! Sounds like you accomplished a lot and was thoroughly spoiled! What diaper bag did you get? (You should have just posted a picture!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...