Friday, October 3, 2014

Girls weekend in San Francisco: part two

You can find part one here

Sunday morning we were up bright and early to head out to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. We took a taxi to the Sports Basement, which is where we rented the bikes from. It was $25 for the day, which was a pretty good deal and they opened at 8am unlike a lot of other places. 




After stopping for some pictures, we made our way across the bridge and into Sausalito for some brunch. We landed upon a place called Fred's, which had the most delicious potatoes!


After brunch, we had to hustle back to the ferry as Lauren had to get back for her flight. The ferry ride had great views on the way back too :)


Once getting off the ferry, Lisa, Amber, Kyria and I biked to the ferry building to have a little sit down and to look around. After resting for a bit, we biked back to the Sports Basement to drop off the bikes. Kyria headed home and Lisa, Amber and I headed back to the apartment to clean up and hang out for a bit. That night, we took the muni and a bus to the North Beach area to look around. We ended up at this random Italian restaurant (forgot to write down the name), which had amazing pasta. After dinner, we stopped for some gelato before making our way back to the apartment. 

On Monday, we had a bit of time in the morning before we had to catch our flight, so we headed out for some breakfast. After breakfast, we wandered around and into the Castro area. We made a quick stop at Dolores Park and then headed back to grab our bags and head to the airport. 



So sad that another fabulous girls weekend is over :( Thank you girls for a great weekend and fun times! :)

8 comments :

  1. I am sad that our trip is over, too! It went by so darn fast! I love that first picture you took - so pretty! And Fred's was SO good - I wish I would have gotten the potato medley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad it's behind us as well! I looked forward to it all year and now I don't have any other trips on the horizon. I know we were all hot and sweaty all weekend but in hindsight I'm really glad we had such amazing weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos! I am glad you guys made the trip to North Beach; isn't that such a fun area? I love strolling around, checking out all the people and restaurants and shops. Did you end up going to Lombard street after all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a fun trip! I would love to see San Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend!! Eggs and avocado!! yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome you guys did that bike ride! SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm your breakfast looks so good!! I love touring on bikes! Best way to see a city!

    Gelato! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...