Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! I wanted to put up a post yesterday, but we didn't get home from Ontario until 10:30pm on Sunday and had no time/energy to do so. 

{thursday} in the morning, we dropped Harley off at doggie day care (one of the ladies who works there will take dogs in on the weekend, so she looked after him while we were gone) and then headed to the airport. We got into Ontario around 7pm and grabbed a quick bite to eat after my mom picked us up from the airport.

{friday} we had no plans during the day, so decided to make the one hour drive to my mom's cottage as Mr.D had never seen it or been to Grand Bend before. The day wasn't very nice, but the rain held off so we could take a short walk on the beach.
Haha Mr.D in the jalapeno man outside the Mexican restaurant
After our walk and tour of Grand Bend, we headed to Bayfield (it's about 20 minutes from Grand Bend) for lunch at a little pub called the Black Dog Cafe. After lunch, we headed back to my mom's house for a quick nap and then we met up with my family for dinner. It was super casual, but nice to be able to see everyone and catch up.

{saturday} in the morning, we just hung out watching tv and movies. In the afternoon, I was surprised with a baby shower thrown by my mom's good friends and her daughter. Baby D and I were definitely spoiled rotten! I'll recap the shower later this week :) After the shower, we headed back to my mom's house to meet up with my brothers and Mr.D. They had spent the afternoon getting lunch and doing guy things while we were at the shower :)  My mom made a fabulous dinner and we spent the night eating, talking and watching a movie. 

Mr.D and my brothers

My SIL and I who are about 3 weeks apart
Just some of baby D's gift and gift cards

{sunday} in the morning, we met up with my dad and his wife, her son and my younger brother (catch all that?!) for breakfast. In the afternoon, we made a quick trip to Winners to pick up a new suitcase (so many gifts!) and then dropped by to see my older brother and his wife. We headed back to my mom's for a quick dinner before it was off to the airport. 


It was a super quick and busy trip, but it was nice to spend time with my family and for Mr.D to be able to come along as well.

8 comments :

  1. Sounds like an awesome trip! So glad you and baby D were spoiled with a shower! SO nice. You look great, love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a fun weekend home! You guys deserve to be spoiled! Love your shirt, you look great? Is you SIL having a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a super busy trip! I'm so glad you had such a great time and got spoiled at your shower though. Love the picture of you and your SIL. So fun you are both pregnant at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Ontario! Sounds like a fun whirlwind trip! What's your husband doing in the background of the pic of you and your SIL, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear more about your shower! I love that picture of you and your sister-in-law! You both look so cute pregnant and it's so fun that your babies will be close in age! I am glad you had a good trip home - sounds like it was super busy so hopefully you got a chance to catch up on rest this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good family weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great trip!! How awesome that you were surprised with a baby shower! Too funny that you needed to buy another suitcase to bring back the gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a quick but a fun filled trip! I love times with family; there is no pressure to be anything but yourself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...