Monday, November 17, 2014

Scenes from the weekend

I really need to get better at taking pictures, but I took zero again this weekend. Or maybe it's a good thing that I'm not a professional blogger. 

{friday} after dinner, I ran to the mall to pick up a few things. I was looking for a few things for the nursery at Toy r us, but didn't have much luck. I did find a cute crib skirt at Target though, so I consider that a win. 

{saturday} my nesting urge was kicking in again, so I cleaned and organized a bunch in the morning. Finally set up the coat rack in our storage room and threw a bunch of paper out. Later on, Mr.D and I ran some errands and then took Harley for a walk. The afternoon was spent having a delightful nap on the couch :) For dinner, we headed out to try Brooklyn Pizza (it used to be The Rock)...definitely not as good as before. 

{sunday} an exciting morning in my world....getting groceries and taking Harley for a long walk. At least the weather had turned nicer and that it wasn't not freezing cold. The afternoon was spent hanging up itty bitty baby clothes, organizing the nursery, ironing the curtains and crib skirt. It's slowly coming together :)  I don't know how it happened, but another nap was taken on the couch and I may have woken up to a puddle of drool beneath me. Lucky Mr. D ;)

It feels like our weekends are almost all booked up from now until Christmas, so it was nice to have a weekend where we didn't have anything we HAD to do.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. Sounds like a good weekend! Glad you found some things for the nursery, So excited when it comes together. I loved doing ours and hanging up little baby clothes. Still do!! That's sad the new pizza place isn't as good, J and I were just talking about the Rock being gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sunday sounded similar to mine, except exchange the dog walk for a toddler swimming lesson. And there was definitely an afternoon nap that came complete with a drool puddle as well. Hurray for lazy Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great weekend! I remember the few months before London arrived--lots of shopping, cleaning and sleeping haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to see nursery photos! I keep meaning to ask if you have decided your last day or work yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how the nursery turns out! :) How exciting that it's coming together!

    I didn't really take any photos this weekend either. Some weekends lend themselves more to photo taking than others and this past weekend was not one of them! That said we had a fun weekend as we hung out with friends on Friday and Saturday night and I went to see a good friend on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had such a relaxing weekend and got lots done around the house! Can't wait to see the nursery photos!

    I had a pretty busy weekend as I worked both Saturday and Sunday (but just 3 hours on Saturday and 1 hour on Sunday). I didn't really feel like I had a weekend though as I was also recovering from a cold so between that and working it feels like the weekend was gone in the blink of an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend. I'm still excited to see the nursery. My friend told me about that pizza place changing and how weird it went from one pizza place to another. Too bad it's not as good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love going through all the little baby stuff! Sounds like the nursery is coming right along!

    That's too bad the new pizza place isn't that good :( I miss pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like the perfect weekend to me! I love it when there are a couple of things planned but also plenty of down time. Also, napping sounds nice; I sure don't do that very often! I had a great time running with friends, I had brunch with my grandma and spent some time helping my brother and his girlfriend garden. On Sunday we took a hike and had a crab feed! It was a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my kind of weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...