Monday, December 15, 2014

Scenes from the weekend

I failed yet again to take any pictures this weekend...must get better at that!

{friday} one of Mr.D's friends came into town to watch another one of their friends fight (it was kind of like amateur UFC). I had no desire to go, so I took Harley to get his nails cut and then stopped at Winners. I headed home and was in bed by 9:15pm! It was partly due to me feeling not 100% and there being nothing on tv :)

{saturday} we were up and off to Edmonton early in the morning for a friend's surprise going away party. It was raining/snowing when we left, but luckily the highways weren't too bad as they were calling for freezing rain. We made a quick stop in Red Deer to drop something off for Lindsey. I also go to see Miss Avery and her downward dog, which was super cute :) Once we got to Edmonton, we caught up with Mr.D's parents and then headed out for a walk in the ravine with Harley and my FIL and their dog. There was freezing rain that morning in Edmonton, which made the sidewalks and pathways very slick- no falling for me. I save that for at home ;) 

That night, we headed out for Chinese food at Lingnan's {they are a bit famous as they had a show on TV} with Mr.D's family to celebrate his birthday a bit early. Food was yummy as always and it was good to see our nieces. After dinner, we headed to the going away party (one of Mr.D's good friends is leaving to go to medical school abroad). We ended up leaving around 10:30pm as we were both really tired.

{sunday} in the morning, Mr.D had gone to visit his grandma with his mom, so I took Harley for another long walk in the ravine with my FIL. After that, we made the three hour trip home (I also took two naps on the ride home- perfection!).

A bit of a busy weekend, but a fun one!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

6 comments :

  1. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend!! I bet Avery's yoga moves are super cute and glad you got to see your nieces!! Car naps are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun weekend! I don't know how you guys drive in all that crazy snow and weather. I don't even like driving in the rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping off A's leggings! Glad you had a good weekend in Edmonton and the roads were not too bad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you guys did have a busy weekend! Sounds like it was a fun one! I am glad you did not fall on the ice - no more falls during this pregnancy!!! My weekend felt busy but it was fun. We stayed in Friday night, Saturday night we had Phil's work Christmas party and Sunday I hosted a couple friends and their kids for gingerbread house decorating and then had a virtual family book club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys had a lot going on this weekend! Glad you didn't slip on the ice. Do you have yak traks?? They help a lot for running/walking on slippery sidewalks!

    This weekend I got in a lot of time relaxing and reading while also getting in a few social outings and workouts, it was a really great weekend overall and I was especially happy for the downtime as we have two super busy weekends ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend! Glad the roads were good for you the whole way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...