Tuesday, January 13, 2015

DIY closet dividers

Since I'm off work now, I have way more free time and wanted to do a quick and easy DIY project for the nursery. 

Supplies:
  • scrapbook paper
  • craft foam
  • mod podge
  • paint brush (I used a cheap black one that I could throw out after)
  • numbers
You can easily find a pattern for the dividers on Pinterest, but I found that they were just a bit too small for my liking. I ended up making my own using a plastic lid.

Steps:
1. Once you have the pattern you want to use, trace it onto the scrapbook paper. Then using the mod podge, glue it onto the foam (I found that a regular glue stick wasn't strong enough).

2. Once the glue has dried, cut out the dividers.


3. I put a layer of mod podge on the top to help make them a bit more studier, but this step is totally up to you. Add your numbers and hang up in your baby's closet.



Total cost: $8 for the scrap book paper, foam and numbers. I already had the mod podge and paint brushes on hand, so those weren't included in the price.

A totally easy and quick DIY project!

10 comments :

  1. Nice work!! Thees look great! I ended only hanging up what she could sit into at the time otherwise it got too full and confusing for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cool! You are so crafty. I never would have thought to make something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great! I am going to need to show my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So organized! My wife hasn't noticed I used a little green twist tie to mark off half of the hanger rack in the closet. Of course, her stuff has almost taken over. Out of 8 feet of shelf, I have enough to hang one suit, 7 pairs of dress pants for work, and 8 or 9 work shirts at most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such a great idea, especially because it looks like the baby's closet is filling up fast, so it's a great way to separate by size! If only my closet wasn't full to the seams I would totally do this DIY myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cute! That is such a great idea for organizing baby clothes! I am sure you have so many different sizes already so it will be nice to have them all segregated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to figure this out for months lol, never thought of using craft foam!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...