Monday, February 2, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Well, our weekends have certainly changed! For the better of course :) 

{friday} my mom was flying home in the morning, so Amelia and I took her to the airport. Sad face :( It was so nice having her here and I appreciated the help so much! After taking her to the airport, we had a follow up appointment at the lactation clinic. It wasn't a great appointment (the lactation consultant wasn't very helpful and made me feel like a terrible mom), but such is life. The rest of the afternoon/night was spent hanging out at home and getting Amelia cuddles.

{saturday} the beautiful weather that we were having decided to leave us, so we spent the day hibernating in the house and watching tv/movies. Around dinner time, I told Mr.D that I needed out of the house so we ran to the mall for a quick bite to eat and pick up a few things.

{sunday} in the morning, Lindsay came over to take our newborn pictures. Miss Amelia decided she didn't want to fall asleep until the very end, but I still can't wait to see how they turned out! After pictures, Mr.D went to get groceries while I did some laundry and made cookies. 

My mom, Amelia and myself before she left
A pretty relaxed weekend, but that is perfectly fine :)

Tell me: how was your weekend?

14 comments :

  1. So sorry that the L.C made you feel bad! If you ever have any questions please let me know. I'm no expert but sometimes another breastfeeding Mommy may be able to help! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your consult with the LC didnt go well, I had similar luck with ours. Hopefully you dont feel too discouraged - if you have any questions feel free to ask! It is hard in the beginning, but it will get better! I had soo many people harping at me including my family doctor that Noah wasn't getting enough because he was soo small and to give formula. Its hard to hear! Hang in there mama! You got this! You will work it out! Glad you made the best of your weekend! we are still getting dumped on! Your Mom will want to come back to Calgary! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. URG I am so sorry the LC made you feel that way. You are NOT a bad Mom. You are doing great. Why did she make you feel like that?! I am glad you had a good weekend. Sad your Mom is gone. I am sure it was so nice to have her around. Great photo of the 3 of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous...can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great your mom was able to visit for so long! Such a big help I'm sure!

    I remember the feeling of just needing to get out of the house!

    What the heck? Why did the LC make you feel bad? You are't a bad mom! That's the last thing a new mom needs to feel like. I can give you the name of the LC I used if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so nice that your Mom was able to be here and help for a bit. I am sure she loves snuggles from Amelia too!! I'm sorry your appointment did not go well. You are not a bad Mom at all! Don't let anyone make you feel like that! Can't wait to see the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your newborn photos. My favourite one from Josie's shoot was with her eyes open. There's just something way precious about those newborn gazes: so delicate & pure.
    Your mom is a glowing grandmother - such a beautiful pic of you three!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, sorry to hear the lactation consultant made you feel bad about yourself. That is the last thing that should happen. :( Clearly that person is in the wrong job!

    Sounds like you had a great weekend aside from saying goodbye to your mom and having that bad experience w/ the LC, though. We need more Amelia photos! I love the one of you, Amelia, and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice that you had a relaxed weekend and that your mom was there to help out! It seems like the weather has been weird lately everywhere. We had 70 degree days this weekend (about 27 C I think?) and then the East Coast has been getting pounded with snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that sucks about the LC. I've heard that from a few new moms before. They should really screen for NICE people for a job like that. Also sorry to hear your mom had to leave already, I'm sure it was SO nice having her around! Your weekend sounds nice, we mostly hibernated this past weekend too especially since we got a huge snowstorm on Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, I haven't wished you congratulations on your beautiful daughter yet! So congrats! and l just love the name Amelia! Looks like you guys had a pretty chill weekend, mine was jam packed, but good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, so sweet. You're clutching her like a little football and no doubt I will be too! Don't want to drop the precious cargo. That sucks about the lactation consultant. Usually you hear how great and helpful they are, but just as long as you're able to brush it off. You know you're doing the best you can. Don't let it get to you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...