Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! It was a long weekend here in Alberta as yesterday was Family Day here. Since I'm off work, it didn't really feel like a holiday but it was nice to have Mr.D home for the day.

{friday} Mr.D had a work related thing that day, so he was home for a bit in the morning. Once he left, I ran some errands with Amelia. Once he got home in the afternoon, we went for a family walk and then just spent the night hanging out at home.

{saturday} Mr.D went mountain biking with Justin (yes, I said mountain biking in February in Alberta!) in the morning, so it was just Amelia and I. It was a gorgeous day out, so I took her and Harley for a long walk. In the evening, we went to visit some of Mr.D's relatives that were in town so they could meet Amelia. We had a nice dinner with them and got to see their baby as well.

Amelia is so thrilled with my antics :)
{sunday} Poor Mr.D went mountain biking again (tough life he has, haha) with another friend in the morning, so I hung out at home. In the afternoon, I headed to Nicole's house to help celebrate Audrey and Leo's birthdays. I failed at taking any pictures, but Nicole did an amazing job with the decorations and food. Thanks for inviting us Nicole :) Mr.D's mom came down in the later afternoon, so we spent the afternoon and evening just hanging out at home.

{monday} our family day was pretty quiet, which was very okay. I had a nap in the morning and then took Harley for a walk. Mr.D made a steak and risiotto dinner for us which was so good! Other than that, we attempted to get hand and foot prints from Amelia which was way harder than we expected! If you have any tips, throw them my way.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

6 comments :

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend! Weather was so great! LOVE it. We only did foot prints, hands were too hard! :) Amelia will get used to the photos! LOVED my snuggle with her on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great long weekend! Yay for an extra day with Mr. D! It's SO STUPID that our Family Day is different from the rest of Canada but whatever haha. I had an awesome weekend as well and recapped it on my blog today too :)

    Love the Valentine's Day picture of Amelia. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you should totally photoshop a bow and arrow with that awesome pose she's got! So precious. She looks tall!

    Regarding hand/foot prints, we got a foot print done in the hospital and made hand imprints ourselves. I tried a handprint with paint and that didn't work at all! We had the best luck with this lightweight foam putty kit (Pearhead Babyprint Tin) we got as a gift. I think Josie was 6 weeks old when we did it. I got my husband to do it and he'd press the heel of her palm in first followed by the rest of her palm and fingers one by one. If she wiggled her fingers around, unlike paint, it didn't muck the whole thing up. It was nice and soft unlike this Christmas ornament kit we got that we had to throw away.

    And for our Christmas ornaments I went to Dollarama and bought one of those 4-packs of mini play-dohs and made four circular ornaments with hand imprints, and put them in the oven at a low temperature for a long time to dry (I looked it up online). I painted the ornaments red and the hand imprint part a glittery gold and they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy I got to cuddle with Amelia on Sunday! Thanks for coming to the party and all the chaos!

    No tips on hand and footprints. I didn't attempt them until my kids were at least 8 months. Feet are easier.

    Crazy that the guys were able to get out mountain biking in Feb! Bet they were super happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you guys had a long weekend and had Mr. D around for an extra day. Amelia looks so cute - I love her hair piece and her red pants! Too cute! We had a long weekend, too, as it was Presidents' Day on Monday. I am wishing that every day was a 4 day week! I don't have any days off until April so I think the next 6 weeks are going to CRAWL by at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little Valentine is so cute! Sounds like the weather is great for you guys. Glad the boys enjoyed some bike riding!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...