Monday, February 9, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! Being on mat leave and not having to go into work from Monday to Friday is a strange, but good feeling. It also means that I have no idea of which day it is unless Mr.D is home with us on the weekend :)

 1. Top left: first dinner out at a restaurant
2. Top right: sleeping away on her 3 week birthday
3. Bottom left: sleeping away on Sunday too!
4. Bottom right: sling success!

{friday} In the afternoon, we had to take Amelia for a follow up appointment at the lactation consultant after our bad appointment last week. They had told us that she barely gained any weight the week before, so they wanted us to come back to see if she did in fact gain weight. They said that if she didn't gain weight again, we would have to be referred to a pediatrician. Luckily little miss decided to go above and beyond what they wanted her to gain as she ended up gaining well over 300 grams in the week! They told us 15 grams/per day at the minimum and she ended up gaining over 45 grams/ per day. We were both so relieved leaving the appointment as we know now that she is getting enough milk and is growing :) After the appointment, we decided to try and go out for dinner so we headed out to Montana's (super kid friendly!). Amelia ended up sleeping the whole time and barely made a peep, so it was nice to be out. 

{saturday} in the morning, we went to meet up with one of Mr.D's friends that was in town for a tournament. He hadn't met Amelia yet, so he got to hold her and I got out of the house, which is always nice! After meeting up with his friend, we headed home and I went to get my hair cut. Always nice to have an hour to myself and get a head massage too :) It was a gorgeous day out weather wise, so we took Harley for a walk in the later afternoon while the sun was still shining. The rest of the day was spent hanging out at home and watching tv.

{sunday} I got up around 6:30am to feed Amelia and then Mr.D took her once I was done. I headed back to bed and ended up sleeping until 10am, which was fantastic! I did a bunch of stuff around the house and tried out a sling that Erica lent me. I think Amelia liked it as she feel right asleep in it! We went for another walk in the afternoon, but it was much chillier today.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

16 comments :

  1. Love how she sleeps with her hand by her face :) she must have been in your belly that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! She is TOO cute. It's always so nice to get out of the house!
    That is awesome she gained so much and your appt was much better this time. Good job mama! YAY for loving the sling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos! And yes, I remember my first hair appt after A, probably around 3 weeks to, so awesome!
    Great job on the gain too! Go Mom and Amelia! Avery always gained a 1lb a month till around 7 months, then it took her a few months to gain 1lb!
    I hope she loves the sling for you. Avery screamed in them :( Though she likes the Bjorn when we were out just not at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. I love your outfit with the strips and leopard scarf. That gave me outfit inspiration for this week!!

    Glad your follow up appointment went much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun weekend! Do you love the sling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I love all the photos!!! London used to sleep with his hands crossed and those photos totally remind me of that. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the breastfeeding success!!! It's incredible how your little one is thriving all thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't get over how cute babies with hair are! she's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, she is so cute! I am glad that she put on some weight this week so you didn't have to see a pediatrician about it! It looks like her cheeks are filling out a bit more! The weather was mild here this weekend, too, so I spent time outdoors on Saturday and Sunday.

    I got your thank you today - we should definitely face time - maybe when I am back from Santa Barbara! I'd love to 'meet' Miss Amelia and see you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I never know what day of the week it is either! And yay for a great weight gain! I didn't start using a sling until around 7 months, but I used a fabric wrap all the time. It saved my life in those first few months. Keep using it so Amelia is super used to it! Sounds like you had a perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...what a cutie! It seems like she is doing well (as are you)! My friend's daughter had the same issue with weight. She actually lost a couple of pounds from birth to the first check, so they were really worried about her. Luckily the same thing happened -- she eventually leveled out and all was well. I am sure Amelia will be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being a mom suits you! You look great in the photo where you are out for dinner and Amelia looks so cute and cozy bundled up in the swing! Glad you guys had an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so cute, and you look fabulous! So happy you had a better appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad she is gaining weight now!!! Good job mama. She is so precious! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are rocking the mama thing!! Good job on the weight gains Amelia (and Leigh)!!!
    You look fabulous!

    BP's has become our child friendly go-to restaurant. Oh how times have changed!

    She's just so perfect! I could look at pictures of her all day! I can't wait to meet her this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm proud of you for mastering the sling, I never could lol! I would stand there and watch youtube videos and it was never a success.
    You are such a cute Mama! and Amelia is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...