Thursday, March 19, 2015

{amelia}: two months




You can find her one month update here.

Weight: 11lbs 5 ounces (50th percentile)

Length: 57.5cms (50th percentile)

Hair/eyes: still has lots of her brown hair. She's lost a bit of it though and the stuff that is underneath looks way lighter. Still has her very blue eyes.

Loves: 
  • all of the same things as last month
  • looking around and bright things (ie: lights) 
Hates:
  • all of the same things as last month
  • being overtired which is a new one for her 
Eating: she is still eating every 3-4 hours during the day and the night stretches are getting a bit longer. She will sleep from 10:30-11 until between 3:30-5:30am. The other night she wake up until 5:20am and I was so surprised when I saw the time on my cell phone! She is still 100% breastfed and I am still pumping a bottles worth of milk to freeze each morning.


Sleeping: she has a loose sleep schedule during the day and the nights are a bit more regular. I still feed her between 10-11pm and then she falls right asleep. She will sleep until 3:30-5:30am and then will go back down for another 3-4 hour stretch which is nice. We still swaddle her at night as she flails her arms too much. She will also take a nap in her crib in the morning anywhere between 20 minutes to 60 minutes.




Other: 
  • she had her immunizations the other night and poor girl cried so hard :(
  • she has been a bit fussier lately, which I think is due to a developmental leap (I've been reading a bit about them on The Wonder Weeks app)
  • we've had a couple tough evenings as she will not settle for Mr.D, but will settle down right away for me
  • she is way more alert now and will stare at bright lights/objects and will follow voices/sounds
  • is smiling way more often

14 comments :

  1. Her smiles! They are infectious!

    I'm always amazed when babies who are born with dark hair somehow end up being the blondest of blond, especially when one parent has dark brown hair. Baby hair is like a box of chocolates, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her smiles!! Tell Brian not to feel discouraged and to keep trying!! Noah went through this stage too, but the more he tries the quicker she we learn to do it! Noah started doing it again around 11 months - Mike was the only one who could get him to sleep at night! Granted Mike does the bedtime routine mostly. It's their time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet and adorable! Can't believe she's already two months. I can tell she's getting more alert just by looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avery went in phases where only I could settle her, then a few months later she'd prefer Chad! She is looking so alert and doing great on her weight gain! I am happy you got the WW app, it was an awesome resource for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so cute! I love her smiles and she has the prettiest eyes! And I also love all the outfits you have her in! I can't believe she is already 2 months, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They go through those phases, Justin got so defeated but has realized now it changes so often. Love her smiles and outfits.Time seriously flies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, it's fun to read about all her little achievements and habits. And I agree, she is a very well dressed baby! Seeing as how we don't know the sex, I haven't bought much clothing and I also have a lot of neutral onesies and sleepers from friends. Do you put socks on her regularly and do they stay on? I've been thinking about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I was thinking about you guys when she went for her immunizations, poor Amelia (and poor mommy!). And don't worry, it took MONTHS before Sully would let his dad put him to sleep. It was really tough as I would try to go out but it was so stressful for Jim if Sully wouldn't settle. Babies just want their mommies (because we have the boobs!!) Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...poor thing; nobody likes shots! At least she won't remember for very long! She is growing so fast; I can't wait to meet her one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!!! I need another Amelia snuggle ASAP! She's getting so big! Love her chubby legs and cheeks!! Her personality is coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 months already! Time sure goes fast. Her smile is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that pic of Amelia and Mr. D! So so so cute. Also, I cannot believe you just called Mr. D by his first name in this post. LOL Who are you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...