Monday, March 16, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Another weekend has come and gone way too quickly yet again! We like the days with Mr.D at home and there definitely isn't enough of them. Let's see what we were up to:

{friday} during the day, Amelia and I met up with some of the ladies from our prenatal class for a walk at Nose Hill Park. It was nice to get out with the other moms for a bit and talk babies and other stuff. Once Mr.D got home, I took Harley for a run which went amazing! We ran 4kms with an average pace of 5:35/km. Fingers crossed they keep getting better and feeling great like this one! Later that night, Mr.D's mom arrived as she drove down for the weekend.

{saturday} Amelia had a wonderful sleep that night/morning and I had to wake her up at 9am to eat! Once I had finished the feeding routine, my MIL, Amelia and I took Harley back to Nose Hill Park for a walk and to throw the ball. It was supposed to be close to 15C out, but didn't quite make it that warm while we were out. Later in the afternoon, I went with Erica to watch a bit of the open workouts where I used to go to CrossFit. It was fun watching everyone do the workout, but still not craving going back yet. No one felt like cooking, so we grabbed some Indian food from a local restaurant which was really good.


{sunday} Mr.D took Amelia in the morning, so I had a wonderful sleep in! I guess he was feeling bad for me since Amelia pooped all over me when I fed her at 4am. So lovely! Once I got up and going, we decided to walk to Tim Horton's for some breakfast. In the afternoon, one of Mr.D's co-workers came over with his wife to meet Amelia. The rest of the day was spent doing laundry, making cookies and bath night for Amelia :)

Squeaky clean!
 Tell me: how was your weekend?

12 comments :

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Nigh time poops are no fun! ha ha Glad you got some good sleeps, those make all the difference. She is so cute and looking so much more grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great weekend! We were dying to be out in the great weather on Saturday, but had out childbirth class...plus I can't really walk so I'd be useless haha. What type of cookies did you make??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pace! I told you that you would be back at it in no time :) Avery pooped on me once at night and I think that was the last time I changed her a night! lol. But she never minded dirty diapers, weird!
    I love that last photo of Amelia, she has already changed so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend. She's such a cutie, even if she pooped on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a great run! Amelia is adorable...sorry to hear she pooped on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable! Sounds like a really lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job getting back to running! Glad it's going so well for you! I almost forgot for a minute there how into crossfit you used to be. It's been so long it seems! Do you think you'll get a membership again? I love the bootcamp/HIIT classes I've been going to at our local YMCA AND they have up to 2 hours of free childcare a day too. Might be something to look into when you feel like it!

    Amelia is so cute. She's growing up so fast already and is already looking more like a baby than a newborn, which I guess she is now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend :) Awesome job on your run! Amelia looks more and more like you every time I see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great run- send that speed my way! ;)

    Haha Amelia! Good one! Don't miss those days!

    Yay for all the sleep ins! A is looking so chubbilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad your run went so well - seems like you are bouncing back great! Amelia is so cute - I just love her chubby cheeks! My weekend was great. It was the perfect mix of being active, being social and having down time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a lot of fun this weekend! I am sorry that you got pooped on though...but at least you got to sleep in. I had a good weekend running, having fun with friends, drinking some wine, having a mini dance party and getting some errands done. It was a good mix of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, it sounds like such a sweet, perfect little weekend with your fam. I'm sure the new routine of it all is fun (albeit hard). Is she sleeping pretty good at nights or does it just depend on the night? I'm sure it's nice to have Mr. D home on the weekends!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...