Monday, March 30, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! We had a great weekend minus the rainy weather we had on Saturday. Let's see what we were up to:

{friday} it was a gorgeous day out (I think it ended up being over 20C!), so I took Amelia and Harley for a long walk and then threw the ball in the backyard for Harley. Anything to enjoy the beautiful weather! Mr.D had gone biking with a friend, and once he got home we went to pick up a Chariot stroller that I found on Kijiji. Once we picked it up, I received an email about the infant sling I wanted to buy off Kijiji as well so we stopped to pick that up while we were out. I had been stalking Kijiji for a Chariot for a while, but they go so quickly here!


{saturday} it was a grey and dreary day when we got up, so we decided to just hang out at home for the day. It finally cleared up in the later afternoon, so we took Amelia and Harley for a walk. We made some homemade pizzas for dinner and then watched a couple episodes of Parenthood.

{sunday} in the morning, Mr.D went biking with Justin, so I decided to take Amelia and Harley out for a run to test out the stroller. It is definitely lots of work to run with it, but it will be nice as I can get out during the day now to run instead of waiting for Mr.D to get home. The afternoon was spend cleaning up the house, doing laundry and making dinner. 


Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. I was contemplating a jogging stroller, but I so rarely run outdoors and I can't even take the pups along with me, so I think I might just stick with our main stroller. Lucky that you found them on Kijiji- I can never find what I'm looking for on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found a chariot. They are great. Friday was SO amazing. I almost thought we needed sunscreen we just played in the backyard for hours! You also made really good cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice jogger! Extra nice that you got one off kijiji.
    I can't believe the weather you've been having all winter. I don't want to jinx it for you, but I thought Alberta was the land of eternal winter?
    Love the pic of your two running sidekicks! Amelia looks so cool & ready to cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you picked up a chariot!! It was so nice Friday here too, I like being able to have the door open after work so A can play on the deck, now to get her a water table for out there!
    You will love getting out for runs with Amelia. I loved it and on days where Avery would not nap that was my go to nap solution, even if it meant two runs that day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome that you had such great weather this weekend. It seems like we always get your weather 2 days later. ;) This past weekend was cold and crappy but now today it's sunny and it will warm up this week so I am excited about that. That's great that you got a running stroller! I have been passed by women pushing them which is humbling as I know they are not easy to push!!

    My weekend was great. It was pretty low key and relaxing but I also got a lot of purging/organizing done in preparation for my move and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. The highlight was definitely my date night with Phil last night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia looks pumped about her new ride!!
    You are going to be ridiculously fast after training with the chariot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little nugget! I love how Amelia looks in that little hoodie and those pants. Exciting to get a jogger! We just ordered ours (a Bob) and it will likely be our primary and only stroller for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome you got such a nice running stroller on kijiji! Well done. It can be so hard to buy second hand items sometimes. People are like vultures lol. My coworker is on a mom swap Facebook group here and things go so quickly. She got some awesome deals on some stuff too though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Amelia looks so cute in the chariot! And what a score! I've started keeping my eye out for something similar now too…at first I thought I just wanted a jogging stroller, but I like the idea of being able to attach it to my bike. The chariot's, even on kijiji are so pricey though! And this weather! Last week was amazing. In fact, Sully even got a small sunburn on one cheek :( #momfail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for warm weather, and your new stroller! She looks so cozy in there!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...