Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A little catch up

Holy, it feels like I haven't blogged in a while! That might be because I wrote last weeks posts before I left for Ontario as I knew I wouldn't want to sit down and blog. Anyways, I'm back and hopefully back into the swing of blogging.

Let's rewind to last week. On Tuesday, Amelia and I flew out to Ontario to see my family. Our flight wasn't until 12:40pm, so I did our morning routine and then headed to meet Mr.D at his work which is close to the airport. He was luckily able to drop us off and help me take my bag in. We landed in Ontario just after 6pm (4pm Alberta time) and my mom was there waiting for us. We headed back to her house and just hung out for the night. Side note- Amelia did pretty good on both of the flights- cried a bit, but also slept.I might do a post later on my tips if anyone would be interested.

I told my mom that I didn't want to plan too much to do while I was there as I wasn't sure how Amelia would do each day. For not having a tonne of plans, we were still pretty busy! Lots of visiting with family and friends who had never met Amelia yet. I got to meet my nephew who was born 9 days before Amelia...it was neat to see them together! My mom arranged a photo shoot for Amelia and Charlie, so once I get the pictures back I will post them. I have a feeling they will be cute!

Hard to get one of them both looking and not moving!
 
my mom and her grandbabies
My dad and Amelia
Enjoying the rare bit of sunshine!
My SIL and I swapped babies :)


My family :)

We had dinner with my two brothers one night, went for a couple of walks, went to see my dad and his wife. Not sure where the time went, but the six days flew by! The weather wasn't super nice while we were home, but we made the most of it. I was definitely sad to be leaving on Monday, but so glad that I was able to make the trip home to see my family. 

Tell me: what did I miss in your life while I was gone? 

12 comments :

  1. Glad you guys got to go home! And that the flight went pretty good :) I found travelling on planes with Avery the easiest under a year. Now I am sure it will be a whole new game since she does not sit still for more than .2 seconds ;) I cannot wait to see the photo shoot pics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. please post about your flight experience! I need as many tips as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice you were able to get out for a visit!! I bet your parents loved seeing Amelia! The babies look alike too!
    Can't wait to see the pictures from the photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jen :) please post your tips! And that toque! Love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cousins!! I can't wait to see the photo shoot. I am happy you got to spend some time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which photographer did you use? Can't wait to see them!! Glad you had a fun trip home!! One of these times we will have to meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear Amelia did so well on the cross country flight and you got in so much quality time with family! It's so cool that you and your sister in law have babies so close together. I grew up with a cousin who was born 2 weeks after me and I loved growing up with him. We lived close together so went to school together and we were always in the same class and we spent hours and hours playing at my grandma's house together. I definitely consider him more like a brother now even though we're not super closely in touch anymore. I always hoped my kids would have cousins close in age to grow up with but doesn't look like that will happen for us -- oh well, all my friends kids will do :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that your flights went pretty smoothly! I did not realize that Ontario was so far from where you live! I am so bad at Canadian geography. ;)

    It sounds like you had a wonderful trip home. How fun that you got to meet your nephew. It looks like him and Amelia are very similar in size. I bet your mom was in heaven having both her grand babies there at the same time!

    You didn't miss much in my life! The half marathon was the highlight of the last couple of weeks but you've already read about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great trip! Love the little mohawk Amelia is rocking these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hair is looking good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you and Amelia were able to go home for a few days. Amelia will be a flying-pro in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad the flights were good and you had a such a good trip. So nice you got to sneak home for a visit. Can't wait to see the baby shoot with Charlie!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...