Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Training Tuesday

Another week of workouts done! I've found that the trick to getting in a workout during the week is to be in my workout clothes and have everything set up, so that as soon as I get Amelia to sleep, I go workout right away. She has been only napping for 30 minutes in the morning which is the perfect amount of time for a 21 day fix workout!

Monday April 6

  • 4.3km walk with Harley and Amelia
  • 21 day cardio fix

Tuesday April 7

  • 5.07km run {5:54/km pace} with Harley and Amelia
  • 21 day upper fix

Wednesday April 8

  • 21 day total body cardio
  • 2km walk

Thursday April 9

  • 6km run {6:06/km pace} with Amelia. It was a warmer day out and this is the farthest I've ran since having her, so a few walk breaks were taken
  • 21 day yoga fix
  • 4km walk with Harley and Amelia- I was going to take Harley with me on my run, but he faked an injury (I could barely get him off his bed even with treats and he is so food oriented), but was totally fine when I got home. What a little shit head!

Friday April 10

  • 21 day dirty thirty fix
  • 5km walk with Harley and Amelia

Saturday April 11

  • 3.2km walk with a friend
  • 21 day lower fix

Sunday April 12

  • I wasn't feeling great this day, so decided to take a rest day. I was hoping to go for a run while Mr.D was home, but it was also super windy out
Tell me: how was your week of workouts? If you are a mom, how do you fit your workouts in?

7 comments :

  1. Awesome week! I always worked out when Delainey was awake. That way I could accomplish something during her 20 min naps. ;) And it forced her to entertain herself for my workout time. Didn't always work out great but she learned! Now she runs to the basement door when I say it's workout time and loves her play space and toys down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of workouts! I have been trying to squeeze in some movement before bed (oddly helps me sleep better). Went for a walk with the pups yesterday for the first time in ages and it felt great...but then required a nap afterwards haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's incredible Leigh! Keep going. :)
    I used to run a fair bit but stopped last June because it stopped feeling right (18-20 weeks pregnant). Now with a 6 month old, I still haven't done a formal run but I feel okay about it. For some reason running doesn't help me lose weight, but walking regularly keeps my weight down and it's a lot more practical while pregnant and now with a baby. I still plan to do a 5k or 10k run this summer just for the fun of it, but I think I'll be sticking to walking (& yoga) as my main "training."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a great week of workouts! Love how you are getting your walks and workouts in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a solid week of workouts! Just think how 'easy' your runs are going to feel when you aren't pushing that stroller!!

    My week of workouts was pretty good. I took 2 classes at the barre studio where I had a living social deal, ran with my club twice and once on my own, and did a strength training workout. On Sunday I had intentions to do some strength training but it was so nice out so I went for a long, brisk walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!! I was the same- being prepared so I could run to workout as soon as baby was asleep. Alison is on to something though- I've tried to workout with the kids awake and playing by me and it usually doesn't work!

    I fit my workouts in by either doing them during nap time, taking them with me for a run or in the evening after they are in bed. It's all about planning and mostly preparing myself mentally!

    Silly Harley faking an injury!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you figured out a good way to make sure you get your workouts in! Having your workout clothes on and your things ready to go sounds like a good strategy. I can't believe Harley faked an injury!!! I can't even imagine Chloe refusing a run or walk ever. She goes crazy at even the hint of a walk/run haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...