Monday, May 11, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

I don't know about you, but I had a great weekend. A mix of relaxing, family time and Leigh time. Perfection :)

{friday} Mr.D had some errands to run after work and Amelia had fallen asleep in my arms, so he grabbed some sushi for take out. A pretty quiet night hanging out at home :)

{saturday} in the morning, Mr.D and Justin headed out for their weekly date (aka bike ride). After Amelia had a nap, I headed over to Alison's house so we could check out the garage sales in her community. The garage sales were a little disappointing, but it was nice to get out for a walk in the sunshine and have some girl talk. Plus I got to see Delainey :) Once I got home, Mr.D's parents arrived for a visit. My mother in law and I took Harley for a walk in the afternoon while the guys installed our new garage door opener. Amelia also got to practice her jumping skills in the jolly jumper that Alison and Justin lent us {thanks again!}. We had a fabulous dinner of steak, sweet potato, salad and beans. So good! 


{sunday} my first Mother's Day! Mr.D kindly let me sleep in a bit longer in the morning while he got up with Amelia. Once I was up and Amelia went down for a nap, Mr.D made us all a delicious breakfast of pancakes, hashbrowns and bacon. He makes the best breakfasts! Mr.D's parents left shortly after breakfast to make the drive home, so Amelia and I had a nap on the couch. Once I got up, Harley and I went for a long run just as it was starting to sprinkle...such is my luck! The rest of the day was spent hanging out and watching Parenthood...we are almost through the 5th season. I'm not ready for it to be over! A pretty relaxed Mother's Day, but it was filled with my favourite people.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

9 comments :

  1. Happy 1st Mothers Day! Sounds like a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! SO glad she likes the jolly jumper! SO cute. Thanks again for the walk and chat! I am glad you had a good 1st Mother's Day, you are an awesome mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great Mother's Day!! Sounds like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Amelia like the jumper? Avery loved it, I would blast music for her to blast for and dance around her making a fool of myself lol.
    Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day! I have yet to watch Parenthood, sounds like it will suck me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 1st Mother's Day!!

    What? Amelia is old/strong enough for the jolly jumper? Crazy!! Does she like it? If you want to borrow a jumperoo let me know!!! :)

    Look at that run time! So fast! We should go for a run together- before you get too fast for me again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Amelia is big/strong enough for the jumper! She is growing up so fast!

    Nice work on the long run - and for doing it in rain! You are going to do great at your 10k - hopefully that run gave you some extra confidence!!

    My weekend was productive but good. I got a lot of packing/moving done and fit in a couple of social things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend! The pic of Amelia in the jumper is adorable. I'm having Tyler download the last season of Parenthood so I can finish my fix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 1st Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect first Mother's Day for you! I'm glad Mr. D let you sleep in and also made you a yummy breakfast -- well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...