Monday, June 29, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! It was seriously hot here this weekend....made me wish that we had AC or a pool. Actually, I would take both. 

{friday} my work was having a BBQ, so we decided to make a last minute decision and go for a little bit. My co-worker made a delicious dinner of ribs, prime rib, potatoes and corn. It was so good! Amelia started getting fussy, so we headed home around 7pm to make sure we could put her to bed on time {side note- we started sleep training on Thursday night which is why we wanted to be home on time}

{saturday} in the morning, Justin and Mr.D went for their bike date around 7:30am to try and beat the heat. I took Harley for a quick walk while they were biking before it got too hot. In the afternoon, Lindsey and Chad stopped by for a quick visit as they were in town for the colour run (it was good to see you guys!). The rest of the day was spent hanging out in the basement to hide from the heat and BBQ'ing some burgers for dinner.

so hot out that he had to rest his head ;)
{sunday} Amelia was up around 6:30am after an 11hr sleep! Holy cow, that still blows my mind that she did that. After I fed her and pumped, I headed out with Harley for a run at 7:45am and it was already 21C out!  After our run, we spent the morning hanging out in the basement - Amelia's room is the only one with AC and I was tempted to just hang out in there with her every time she napped! Mr.D went out for lunch and when he got home, I headed out for a pedicure. My toes are looking much better!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

8 comments :

  1. Yay for long sleeps! We never went with sleep training as we're not very scheduled people, but friends that have tried it swear by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long sleeps are the best!! And I just looked at my toes after I read this and WHOA NELLY I need a pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a long night of sleep! Such a great feeling, hey?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for long sleeps! Glad it's getting better. I loved the weather! But yes AC or a pool would be nice at times! Glad you have pretty toes now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for long sleeps!! I wish I would have known Linds was coming to visit you Saturday.. I would have absolutely invited myself too haha!! PS I only have one fan and London has it. They're so spoiled ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, no A/C and high temperatures is a bad combination! I hope that the weather cools down soon! Is it common for people to not have A/C? Pretty much everyone has it here, mostly because it gets SO HUMID!

    A pedicure sounds great. My poor feet look horrible right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture of Harley is adorable! Yay for pedicures, and sleeping!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 11 hours of sleep? WOW! You must have felt like a new momma after that. What a good babe :)

    Sounds like a great weekend but yes I feel you on the heat. It hit 40 degrees here and we do not have central a/c. Luckily we have two window units which cool our house off pretty good and the window unit in our bedroom is 100% necessary for sleeping!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...