Tuesday, June 16, 2015

She's alive!

Holy, I thought I wasn't going to make it for a second there. Well, that might be an exaggeration. Just a little one ;) But having the flu when your husband has to work, you have a young baby and no family around is ROUGH! It started last Thursday night out of no where and I finally started to feel human again yesterday. I'm just glad Mr.D and Amelia didn't catch it.

Having the flu has put a big damper on things around here - not much happening! We were supposed to have dinner with friends on the weekend, but there was no way I was up to eating food. I also didn't go to baby and mom boot camp class today as my energy just wasn't quite there yet. 

A plus side to having the flu? Lots of time to sit on the couch and watch The Killing. We finished all of the seasons if that tells you how badly I was feeling. Neither of us were a big fan of the last season. And so glad they didn't show Holder and Linden together....I just can't picture them as a couple. We also thought the last season went downhill as Netflix took it over...maybe it was just a coincidence.

I'm also way behind on commenting on everyone's blog...I promise I'll get around to it!

Tell me: what have I missed in your life? 

12 comments :

  1. Aw man, didn't realize you had the flu. Sorry to hear that. It's definitely no fun being sick when you have to care for a tiny human. At least when they're that small, you don't have to do much and can get away with laying in bed or sitting on the couch all day. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flu is worst and I can't even imagine how tough it must have been with no family to lend a helping hand! Glad to hear you're on the mend though, and that Amelia didn't catch it! Nursing does wonders for fending off bugs.

    Around here - We celebrated Isla's birthday a little early and I'm still pregnant ;) That's about it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biggest problem with the last season was that Netflix crunched it into 6 episodes instead of letting them do 12 like they originally planned on. so a lot got cut out and the whole last season is kinda rushed? I think season 3 was my fave but it's a great show.

    I'm glad you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you - the flu sucks but having to be a mom while being sick REALLY sucks! Glad to hear you are on the mend and the upside of it, at least Amelia is still little enough, she's not like a toddler that needs to be entertained 90% of the time lol! Hope you are feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yuck for being sick! Glad you're on the upswing though! I can't imagine having to deal with that and a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, that is awful that you were so sick! I can't imagine caring for an infant while being ill. :) I am glad that you are on the mend now but that just sounds awful! Poor Leigh!!

    Not much is new in my world these days, which I'm a-ok with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you have been so sick... but thankfully you are on the road to recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, so sorry to hear you had the flu! That's my biggest fear - getting sick while having to take care of a toddler (knock on wood - it hasn't happened yet!) Glad you're feeling better tho!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck, I hate being sick! I am glad you are feeling better now though. I actually have been fighting a cold, but it's not super bad; it's just annoying and I sound like a faucet/elephant all the time. Other than that, I have my parents staying over with me for a couple of nights this week and I plan to put them to work helping me work on some things around the house! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH NO! Having the flu sucks enough but having the flu when you still have to take care of a baby would be the worst. Glad you're finally feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry you were sick. I wish I was here to help you out!!! Darn bad timing. :( Also - was thinking - want to book a date for you and Mr. D? WE can take A for the evening!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...