Monday, July 20, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! I'm struggling to remember what we did this weekend {I really need to start taking more pictures or writing it down!}, so we'll see how this goes ;)

{friday} it was absolutely pouring rain in the morning, so Amelia hung out in her high chair while I baked some cookies. We had a little dance party and threw a toy for Harley...perfect morning at home minus the crappy weather. In the afternoon, Amelia and I braved the weather and went to check out a Gymboree class with my friend M and her son. She seemed to like it, but you can't drop in which kind of sucks. I might try it out for a month after summer holidays though. The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out at home and watching the movie Unbroken while Amelia and Mr.D had a nap on the couch.



{saturday} in the morning, Mr.D let me have a sleep in until 8:30am which was fabulous! While Amelia took her nap, we did the 21 day fix workout and then got cleaned up. In the late afternoon, we headed out to my SIL sister's house for a BBQ as Mr.D's brother, his wife and three girls were in town. It was a beautiful afternoon and nice to see them. We ended up heading home around 6:30pm as Amelia was having super short naps all day and was just a tad cranky.

{sunday} Mr.D and Justin had their weekly bike date in the morning, so I had a nap while Amelia did. Once we were up, we headed out for a 6km run with Harley. In the afternoon, we had to take the car in to get some repairs done. Once we got home, Mr.D hung out with Amelia while I mowed the grass and picked some weeds. We made delicious and easy pizza for dinner and then went for a short walk to distract Amelia has her last nap fell at an awkward time. 


Tell me: how was your weekend?

9 comments :

  1. Sounds like a good weekend! Ours went too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping babies are the cutest. Her cheeks are the best! So squishy!! :) Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By Sunday, I usually forget my Friday night plans unless I took photos! My memory is crap these days :P

    She is getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend. I wish Gymboree was drop in too when I went, but it was nice to add it to the routine too. D loved it! She looks so cute in high chair. Glad you got to see your nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! Nice that you guys got to fit in some family time! We have a bunch of family visiting my mom right now so have had LOTS of family time over the last few days, but it's been good. Saturday we did the giant slip n slide event and Sunday we hung out at the pool all day. Nothing too exciting but it was a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia's cheeks are so chubby! She's so cute! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! Mine was great! Friday I got to meet a friend's baby and then that evening we went out to dinner with 2 other couples. Saturday I ran 16 miles in hot, humid weather and attended a post-run potluck and then did nothing else for the rest of the afternoon. That night we went to the driving range and out for ice cream. And then Sunday I swam with a friend, then went to a farmer's market with her and then in the afternoon I met another friend and went to a water ski show. When I list it all out it makes me realize that I fit a lot in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, ya, it's really hard to remember what you did unless you took photos! How was Unbroken? I really want to see it. Did you also read the book? Gymboree is one activity we never did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Them cheeks!!

    It's too bad Momstown shut down, it would have been perfect for you. Loved the drop-in aspect. I just couldn't justify paying for classes that we may or may not go to. Seriously, we need to plan a date!

    I don't know how you have the willpower to not eat all those cookies. Miss nursing and being able to eat all the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww...aren't they cute when they are sleeping!? It sounds like you had a fun weekend! I went to Tahoe to run a race, which I did not finish due to back issues. This week I am TRYING to rest my back, but it's so hard. I am not really one to sit still much, especially when forced to!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...