Sunday, July 26, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! This weekend went by too fast as always. Though I'm excited because this is Mr.D's last week of work until the beginning of September. So looking forward to having lots of time with him!

{friday} oh man, I honestly can't remember what we did. It obviously wasn't exciting as I have no recollections. Ooh, I know that we stayed up way too late (aka 11:30pm) watching The CrossFit Games and then Mr.D signed up for Instagram, so I had to explain it to him. Holy, we are old and lame.

{saturday} Mr.D and Justin left for their bike date early in the morning, so it was just Amelia and I (and Harley too). Amelia had a crappy nap and I was so tired, so we ended up cuddling in bed for a long time. I finally got my act together and we took Harley for a long walk. Mr.D got back from his ride around 1:30pm and then did some work on our vehicle. I needed to get out of the house later that afternoon, so I ran to get a few things I needed and some dinner for us from The Chopped Leaf. After Amelia went to bed, I did the 21 day fix workout and then we watched Broadchurch {anyone else watch this on Netflix?}.

{sunday} Amelia had a bit of a rough night (she was up from 4:30-5:15ish for some reason), and luckily didn't get up until 7:40am which meant we both got to have a sleep in. After her first nap, Mr.D took her and Harley for a walk while I got to go for a solo 7km run. Best part of the run was definitely finding $5! 

trying to steal my money!
After we both got home, we decided to quickly shower and head downtown to Eau Claire to the pet festival that was going on....thanks for mentioning it on IG Alison! They had a dog jumping contest (where they jump into water) and some of the dogs didn't want to jump off the platform after the ball...it was hilarious! Amelia fell asleep in the Ergo, so we did a walk around. It started raining and we didn't bring jackets so we headed home. The rest of the day was spent getting groceries, making muffins and trying to entertain a fussy baby until bedtime.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

7 comments :

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! That is exciting that this is Mr. D's last week of work! It will be great to have him around all the time! :)

    My weekend was great! I hosted a small dinner party on Saturday night so preparing for that took up most of my weekend. Yesterday I went to a bike tire changing class and then did a bunch of stuff around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget you guys use different money than us {US}. It gets me every time. Too cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! The pet festival sounds hilarious. Liam would have loved that. I was following the Live Feed of the Crossfit Games on Snapchat (the best feature Snapchat has in my opinion). Super cool to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call a successful run! ;) I wish we would have had time to catch the pet show too - I think Sully would have loved it. I, on the other hand, am still recovering from my Spartan training workout :( #sosore

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great weekend! I started watching Broadchurch on netflix this spring but never finished it! I just have not been into watching netflix at all this summer. I should get back into it though so I can find out what happened! We were supposed to go camping this weekend but canceled going last minute because the weather was crappy so it ended up being SUCH a relaxing weekend at home which was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can NEVER remember what we did Friday but Sunday! lol. Guess my Fridays are that boring ;)
    The dog jumping sounds funny, I like animal related comps, since they rarely cooperate which makes it funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you saw them jumping - so fun! Sounds like a nice weekend. We need a new show to watch I think. We had nothing to watch last night! ha GASP! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...