Monday, August 31, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Another weekend that went too quickly. It was a good one though! Let's see what we did:

{friday} after Mr.D got off work, we packed up the SUV and headed to my in-laws house. Amelia did pretty good on the drive...she slept for 1.5 hours and woke up about 30 minutes before we got there. Luckily, I was able to entertain her and let her chew on an apple core and she was happy as a clam :) We arrived around 5:30pm and had dinner with Mr.D's parents before Mr.D and his brother headed out to the football game. I stayed behind to put Amelia to bed {who wanted nothing to do with it and took an hour to go down}. After she finally settled, I took Harley for a quick walk as he was antsy.




{saturday}  in the morning, Mr.D and his dad went for a motorcycle ride. When Amelia went down for her nap, my MIL and I made apple crisp {used this recipe that Alison made for us before} with apples from their tree in the backyard. Once the boys got home, we took the dogs for a walk in the river valley. In the afternoon, my BIL+ SIL + three nieces came over. Amelia fought her nap, so I ended up having to lay with her to finally get her to sleep. We had a yummy family dinner (wish we could do that more often!) and hung out for the evening.






{sunday}  we spent the morning hanging out at home as two of my nieces had a sleep over. My MIL made us all pancakes for breakfast and the boys went for another motorcycle ride. Around lunch, we packed everything up and made a quick visit to see Mr.D's grandma. After that, we made the drive back home. We had to make a pit stop as someone decided to poop through her diaper. Oh boy, it was a delightful one ;)

Tell me: how was your weekend?

11 comments :

  1. Fun weekend.
    PS...get ready for toddlerhood...EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT is a 1+ hour ritual! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend - other than fighting sleep - that is never fun! The girls are all so cute together! Mmm that apple crisp is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great weekend! Apple crisp is the best! I love the pic of the two babies holding their feet, adorable! Miss A sure is a smiley little lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! Look at how cute those kiddies are! I will have to test out that apple crisp recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww love the photos of Amelia! Sounds like and awesome weekend except for the sleep fighting, silly babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE!!! The car must've smelled delightful with the poop explosion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no poop explosions are the worst. Sounds like a great weekend otherwise!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww love the photo on the towel and how they're both grabbing their toes! Looks like an awesome last weekend of summer (minus the poop explosion of course! Haha yuck!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weekend sounded fun! I bet it was great to spend time with family! I made that apple crisp recipe this summer and it was SO good! I need to make it again now that apples are coming back in season around here.

    My weekend was good but it went by way too fast. I did a 20 mile run on saturday morning and then Phil & I went to a bbq at a friend's house that night. On Sunday I volunteered at a race that my running club put on and then went to see a friend and her kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like such a great weekend with family. I bet Amelia was just too excited to be hanging out with her cousins and family to go to sleep :) Love that your family is full of girls! They will be so cute to watch grow up together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet cousins! Amelia looks so cute with bows!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...