Thursday, August 20, 2015

Summer holidays

Our summer holidays are over...well, not quite as Mr.D is still home with us until next week. But our trip to Ontario has come and gone and it went by too quickly! We were in Ontario for two weeks and it was great being with my family. We don't get to see them enough!

We did so much that I can't remember it all, so I'll do recap in point form style:
  • celebrated my mom's 60th birthday
  • had a photoshoot with my family as a birthday present to my mom. We recreated the pictures of Amelia and Charlie and can't wait to see them!
  • celebrated my brother's 25th birthday
  • spent time at my mom's cottage in Grand Bend. Amelia got to experience the beach and even tolerated the water
  • visited my dad & his wife and my aunt's 
  • celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and went to out to dinner at Borealis {thanks again for baby sitting mom!}
  • hung out and played with toys with Charlie
  • went on the swings for the first time
    my brother and Amelia
    Amelia being a bully ;)
Happy girl on the beach!

Waiting for our fish & chips in Grand Bend

Sunset in Grand Bend


With my two aunts

Goofy times with my mom

Haha so much alike!

Such a great trip full of making memories!

10 comments :

  1. Love the last picture!! Glad you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice (long) family vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great trip! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia is so smiley! That's a frame-worthy one with your brother. I feel Mr. D's pain being the tall one in the family. I basically look just like him with my husband and in-laws. Minus the beard. I just shaved mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like soo much fun!! Soo bummed I missed ya! I didn't realize you were down until you got home!!! That's what I get for being behind in blog reading!! I can't wait to go back to Borealis!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. D has quite the beard!! I don't think I have ever seen him with facial hair in previous photos! Looks like you guys had a great summer vacation. Happy belated birthday to your mom - she does not look 60!! I bet you'll age as well as she did. Amelia looks like she is such a smiley and happy baby. I love all the photos of her, but especially that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw looks like you guys had a great trip! I swear vacations go by even faster now when you have a kid! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I have a male cousin who is 2 weeks younger than me and we TOTALLY have a photo of me pulling his ear! We're closer to 2 years old though and he is also wailing in the photo haha. I was such a bully to him.

    Looks like an AMAZING trip home! So glad you were able to spend so much time with your family. Amelia and her cousin are both growing so much it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome holiday!! Such cute photos. I love it. It's so nice she has a cousin so close in age, too bad they live there! So glad you guys all got out there for a while. The beach looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...