Monday, September 14, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

This weekend ended up being a fun and busy weekend! Friday and Saturday were beyond gorgeous, but Sunday took a nosedive and was 10C with rain. Let's see what we did this weekend:

{friday} during the day, I made the trek down south (you can drive 45 minutes and still be in Calgary...it's crazy!) to see my friend M and her son. They used to live three doors up from us, but moved down south recently and I hadn't seen their new house yet. We had a fun play date :) After leaving her house, I stopped to pick up a pair of Lulu capris and shirt that I bought off a local FB buy and sell group. They were in perfect condition for $40! Can't beat it. After that, we made the drive home and luckily Amelia slept the whole way home. When Mr.D got home from school, I mowed the lawn and we enjoyed the sunshine outside. Once Amelia went to bed, we watched Narcos before calling it a night.


{saturday} Mr.D let me have a little sleep in (aka until 7am) which was appreciated. Once I got up, I went for a slog of a 7km run with Harley. It just wasn't my day. Once Amelia was up from her nap, we walked up to the club in our neighbourhood that was having a kids clothing and toy sale. It's normally crazy busy, but it was super quiet this time. I ended up getting Amelia a bathing suit, jacket, sweater and dress all for $12. Not bad! We made a quick stop at the swings on our home too :) 




In the afternoon, we wanted to get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine, so we went to Bowness Park. There was so many people there! It's been all redone since it was damaged in the floods in 2013. After Amelia went to bed, we watched more of Narcos.





{sunday} we woke up to a cold and rainy day, so we had a slow morning around the house. Amelia woke up 35 minutes into her nap, so I ended up laying in bed with her and she ended up napping for close to 1.5hrs more, which means a happy girl. After she was up, we packed up and headed to the local YMCA to go swimming. This pool isn't as warm, but she still loved it! We ran a couple errands and then headed home for some lunch. Amelia fell asleep on me again after her second nap, so I embraced it and had a nap with her on the couch as well. Sometimes, you've just got to take the cuddles while you can :) 



Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. Good finds at the kids sale!! That sweater is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I love the sweater you go her, so cute. Great sale, it's normally nuts!! She is looking so big already!! :) What FB group are you part of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good weekend. Awesome finds with the clothes! I love Amelia's pants in the last pic. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of most all couple I know, the wife (including me!) mows the lawn! Wes's afternoon nap has to be on a warm body...which I don't hate! Except when I have to pee and he sleeps for 2 hours..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, between your Lulu Lemon purchase and Amelia's clothes, you got some great deals this weekend! Sounds like a great weekend! I say take advantage of the cuddles when you can as that stage just seems SO SHORT! My weekend was great but Saturday was a little bit over-planned and left me incredibly exhausted! But all in all it was a great weekend full of time outdoors being active and spending time with Phil and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sweater you scored for her - so cute! And nice lulu score! Which FB group(s) are you part of. I was added to a few Calgary ones, but I'm not really feeling it (I had an AWESOME one in Edmonton that I really miss). Haha - travelled down south - it's crazy how big the city is. Although, if they ever get cracking on finishing the ring road, travel to the south won't be as bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the family picture! Great weekend, and great finds for Miss A!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice score on the clothes! We have the one dress too :) I agree, 45 mins and still in Calgary is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great steals!! Sounds like an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...