Monday, September 28, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! We had a great, and busy weekend. Let's see if I can remember what we all got up to:

{friday} during the day, Amelia and I ran to Dollarama and the bank. When Mr.D got home from work, we decided to go out for dinner which we haven't done in a while. We ended up just going to Montana's (not very exciting, but super kid friendly). Amelia loved sitting in the high chair and watching everyone...she did great considering evenings aren't usually her strong suit. After we came home, put Amelia to bed and I headed out for a run with Harley. 



{saturday} in the morning, Amelia and I headed out to meet Alison {Delainey & Lily too} at the Etsy sale. We both arrived just after 9am, and the line up was at least a kilometer long. We decided to brave the line, which went every which way through the garden centre, only to realize it was INSANELY packed and we could barely move in there. We made it down one aisle only to take the emergency exit to get the heck out of there! It gives me anxiety just thinking about how insane it was. It was disappointing as it would have been nice to check out all of the booths. I headed home with a stop at Tim Horton's to get a doughnut to make myself feel better, haha. Mr.D and Justin had tried to go biking but it was pouring rain on them when they got to the trail, so they were at our house watching bike movies when I got home. 

After Amelia's nap, we decided to go "look" at some vehicles as we have been thinking about replacing my Mazda 3 for a while (I bought it in Ontario, so it's super rusty thanks to all of the salt they use. It's also a 2004, so getting old and worn down). Looking turned into test driving and buying a new vehicle which we get later this week. This happened when we went "looking" for SUV's too, haha.

We didn't get home until 4:30pm, so we took Harley for a quick walk and stopped at Subway as we didn't take anything out for dinner. We watched an episode of Narcos and were in bed reading by 9:30pm...crazy night over here ;)

{sunday} Justin had texted Mr.D asking if we wanted to go for a hike, so we decided to take advantage of the sunshine and join them. We went to Quaite Valley for a short hike to a camp site to have lunch. We had the kids and dogs with us, so it was the perfect distance. We had a weinie roast at the camp site before heading back down. The sunshine was nice, but it was so windy! Oh well, it was still fun. Amelia was having none of being in the carrier, so Mr.D carried her and she ended up falling asleep in his arms on the way down. Too cute. 





We got home in the late afternoon, and the rest of the day was spent doing laundry, making banana bread (using this recipe- add chocolate chips instead of walnuts...so good!) and making soup. 

A busy, but fun weekend!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

17 comments :

  1. Ooh...what kind of car did you end up getting? Buying new vehicles is always fun but I get so stressed out, especially when you haven't had a car payment in a while because it was paid off...but its nice to have something new

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun! Yay for new cars & friend time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Amelia sleeping in Mr. D's arms is so so cute! We also enjoyed the sunshine with a hike yesterday!!

    What kind of vehicle did you get?? That's hilarious that both times you went to "look" you ended up buying one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad about they etsy thing! I would have loved to go, but in no way would I survive the crowds PLUS a baby. Maybe if they do them more often like market collective it wouldn't be so crazy! PS: you have to keep me updated with your hikes- I need to know some more easy ones so we can go out with Wes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too bad about the Etsy market! I could imagine in the bigger cities it would've been super busy!
    What kind kind of car did you get?? Curious minds are dying to know! (Car shopping with my husband gives me hives; I'm all about looks, bells and whistles, he's all about stats and the mechanics.)

    My weekend wasn't too bad; just the "usual" happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love banana bread...especially with chocolate chips!

    We missed you this weekend but it sounds like you had a blast! I love Amelia all bundled up, and fast asleep, on the hike! So cute!!

    Too bad about the Etsy sale-that sounds like it would have been fun! Too bad they didn't limit how many people they let in at once though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That darn Etsy show. It still gives me anxiety!! It was nuts. Amelia was the cutest hiker! We will have to try and get out again before the snow! So exciting about your new car! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fun that you got a new car this weekend! What did you end up going with? My car is an '03 and is definitely showing it's age but it's still reliable so I am trying to make it last for a few more years... But I look forward to getting something new eventually as every time I ride in Phil's newer car, it makes me realize how loud and crappy mine is. ;)

    Sounds like you had a fun weekend aside from the Etsy fair experience. Yikes that's like my idea of hell. I can't handle lines/crowds! My weekend was great. It was very very low key which is what I needed after a string of busy weekends... plus October is going to be crazy! I read 2 (short) books, ran, biked, spent time with Phil, and celebrated a friend's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amelia is too darn cute :) And YES for new cars!! Cannot wait to hear what you got!
    The Etsy sale sounds horrible, that is too bad!
    Love your hike photos too!! This fall is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I didn't realize you had a car as old as mine! ;) I'm impressed you guys were able to make a decision in one day!! It took us months of research and shopping lol. Sad we missed you this weekend but so awesome you guys got out for a hike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful hike! I don't do well is super crowded places either. Sorry it was so nuts! Yay for a new car!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love thy first photo of Amelia in the high chair. She has your gorgeous eyes!! Cute bow too!

    Oh what kind of car did you get?? Exciting!! Yah that usually happens to us when we go 'looking' for something... We buy it!

    Gorgeous day for a hike. The fall colours were so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any weekend that involves buying a new vehicle is a good weekend. Can't wait to hear what you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that Mr. D is still wearing shorts! And all of your fall colors are nice. We are heading towards Fall as well, but we had a pretty long hot spell for the last few weeks. I am looking forward to it being a bit cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh a new vehicle!! What did you end up with?? Soo exciting!! Yes we use a lot of salt down here!! Looks like a fun hike!! Too bad about the etsy sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOOH! That's awesome you bought a new car!

    SOOOO cute that Amelia fell asleep on the hike. What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to go to an Etsy sale in real life, Too bad it was so crowded! After you waited in the line and everything.
    Congats on the new car!
    Chocolate chip banana bread sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...