Friday, September 11, 2015

TGIF

It's the freakin' weekend! Woo hoo! This week felt kind of long for some reason.

The high of my week was trying a new baby class with Amelia on Thursday and then having my free night {more on this next week} on Thursday night.

The low of my week was a tough day on Wednesday. Amelia was grumpy all day, I was tired and had very little patience. We survived and yesterday was much better!

The best money I spent was on some new clothes for myself. I haven't bought much for myself since going off on mat leave, so trying not to feel too guilty about it. I got: two pairs of pants, a dress, a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, a pair of boots, a new bathing suit and some face products.

The books I read were The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez and The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. Loved both of the books!

The shows we are watching are White Collar and just started Narcos (both on Netflix). We are still struggling to finish Bloodline.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments :

  1. I am glad you loved both of those books as they are books that I read and gave high reviews to on Goodreads!! I want to read Peter Swanson's other book eventually!

    I'm sorry to hear you guys had a rough day on Wednesday but I am glad that Thursday went better! I hope you guys have a great weekend! Mine will be busy but fun! I'm equal parts excited and anxious about my 22 mile run tomorrow but it will be good to have it behind me and then I get to taper. Wheee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures of the new clothes or it never happened! ;) haha

    I can't believe you guys are struggling with Bloodline - we devoured that show in like a week! How is Narcos? The trailer looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a free night!!! And new clothes :) You deserve it all!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! New clothes rocks. Definitely helps when you've had a tough day. :)

    How are you liking Narcos? I started it last weekend during nap time but was so sleepy, I couldn't follow the subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the new clothes! Fashion show please :)
    Hard days are HARD. Thankfully them being cute and sweet the next day make up for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me..must find one piece suit! Can't wait to hear about the class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray for the weekend! I have only read the Book of Unknown Americans, not the other one. I thought it was okay, but wasn't super wowed by it. However, a lot of the time, my mood regarding the book depends on what else is going on in my life, and what books I had read recently. I just read Americanah, and while I found it very interesting, I wouldn't say I loved it. However it's cool to see things from a different perspective (ie from someone from a different country/with a different lifestyle than mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for shopping for you! I need to do the same! I'm anxious to hear about your free night! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...