Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Birthday, weekend and mom visit

This post might be a long one, so settle in ;)  First, thank you everyone for your sweet comments on Mr.D's birthday post on Monday. I'm a lucky girl to have him! I was definitely spoiled by my family and friends. 

Let's rewind to last week- my mom flew in on Wednesday night around 9:30pm. I picked her up and we basically went to bed once we got home. On Thursday and Friday, we went to Costco, Walmart and Cross Iron Mills. Not much luck for either of us at any of them. Well, Amelia was treated to some foam blocks by grandma at Toys R Us. Amelia also treated us to a two hour nap on Friday afternoon, so some of us might have rested our eyes as well ;)

On Saturday morning, Mr.D went biking with Justin so it was just us girls. We walked up to our local community club as they were giving away pumpkins with a food bank donation. We picked out two good ones {grabbed one for Delainey as they weren't able to come} and headed home. It was chilly that morning!




We didn't do too much in the afternoon...just hung around at home. Once Amelia went to bed (she was super grumpy so I didn't want to make my mom deal with that), Mr.D and I headed out for a late dinner. When we got back from dinner, we started watching Trainwreck. Probably not a good one to watch with your parent in case you were thinking about it ;)



On Sunday, Mr.D's mom drove down to spend the day/night with us. The mom's ran out and picked up Halloween decorations for the outside of our house...it's officially ready for Halloween. That night, we had a delicious steak dinner along with chocolate cake...can't go wrong!





On Monday (my birthday), Mr.D's mom left in the morning. After Amelia's nap, I drove my mom to the airport (sad face). We headed back home for Amelia's nap and I had one as well. We facetimed with my family in Ontario once we were up, which was nice. The afternoon was spent taking Harley for a run and hanging out. Mr.D made delicious shrimp tacos for dinner which I had requested. A fairly low key birthday, but it was great :) 



I think that about covers it! 

11 comments :

  1. Looks like you had an awesome weekend! That is great that you got to see both your mom and MIL. Your mom looks so young in all of these photos! And your hair has gotten so long! That chocolate cake looks so good! Low key birthdays are the norm for me these days which I am ok with. We still get together with Phil's group of friends to celebrate birthdays but it is always low key as we do game nights or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Glad to hear you had a great birthday and fun celebrating with family :) Love all the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend! How do you make time to do your hair? I need that time! Also reminds me, we need to get pumpkins still

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a fun weekend. So nice that your mom came for the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm a little late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! This sounds like a great birthday weekend. The chocolate cake looks delicious! And Amelia is so darn cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, your hair looks great! I feel like you need to give us your hair curling technique. :) I just got mine cut so it is a bit easier to curl. When it's so long, it just doesn't want to stay curled at all. It looks like you had a fun birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice birthday!! Amelia's hair sure is getting blonde! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom looks so young!! So nice that she was able to come out for a visit! And lol @ watching Trainwreck with your parents/mom…talk about awkward hahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!! (belated cos I never get on my computer anymore)<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome visit you had with your mom!! As much as I miss all my family sometimes being far away has its benefits because it means you make the absolute most of your time together, which it sounds like you guys did! I'm glad you got spoiled on your birthday -- so deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a good visit. So nice she was here for your birthday!! Thanks again for the pumpkin. Love those photos. We've watched some movies with my parents that we SO should not have!! ha ha SO awkward.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...