Monday, October 5, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Phew, what a fun and busy weekend we had! Let's see what we got up to:

{friday} the crappy weather hadn't moved in yet, so I took advantage of the sunshine and went for a run with Harley and Amelia. Since we sold the car on Wednesday and we hadn't gotten the new one yet, I was stuck at home without a vehicle anyways. I also decided to make cookies in the morning, which I've pretty much ate all of them. I was supposed to get my hair done that night, but my hair dresser was sick so my appointment was cancelled. Sad face. Instead, I left after dinner and ran some errands. Not fun at all, but much easier without a baby in tow.

{saturday} the cold weather rolled in the night before and it was freezing in the morning! We dropped Mr.D off at the car dealership to sign the papers and bring the new car home. Once he got home, I ran out alone again to pick up a couple things. In the late afternoon, we headed over to Alison and Justin's house to help celebrate Delainey's 2nd birthday. Alison once again did an amazing job on the party! She thought of every little detail. We headed out shortly after 6pm as Amelia was getting cranky and no one likes a cranky baby. Once she was in bed, we watched some tv and I ended up staying up too late reading. 



{sunday} another crappy day weather wise, so I spent the morning hanging out at home with Amelia while Mr.D went to get groceries. I made her some food (apples and sweet potatoes). In the afternoon, I went for a chilly 7km run with Harley. I had no desire to go, but glad I got out there. 

Amelia was a bit cranky, so we did anything to make her happy which included riding on Mr.D's shoulders and pulling his hair. 



Tell me: how was your weekend?

12 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great weekend - despite our crap weather. Thank you again for coming to the party! :) YAY for a new car, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend. Delainey's party looks so cute. Love the pictures of Amelia on Mr. D's shoulders!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo of your girls! I cannot wait to see the new car, what did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a bummer that the cold weather has already arrived! I am not ready for that yet!! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend, though! Bet it is nice to have a car again so you aren't home-bound!! My weekend was great. My friend John flew in to run the marathon so I got to play tour guide and then yesterday we obviously ran the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute photos of Amelia on dad's shoulders! My daughter has just started putting clips and headbands in my husband's hair, It cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was definitely a chilly weekend! Reminded me I'm so not ready for winter (i have no boots or winter jacket for Sully! Oops!). Glad to see this week is supposed to be nice again though! Nice work on the running! But boo to your hair appointment being cancelled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun weekend! D's party looked so adorable. Great job on getting the runs in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great weekend, your hair looks really pretty!! Great job running even despite the cold weather, it's crazy how quickly the cold weather has seemed to hit out of nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see a pic of the new wheels!! Boo to cold weather, granted it wasn't all that warm here either. I think fall weather is in full effect down here now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for a new car! It was sooo cold here!! I'm dreading the winter (I don't like being cold!) That's too bad about your hair appointment being cancelled. I desperately need to go get mine done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter is so adorable Leigh! Also I'm so glad you posted this because my son wants to have a Paw Patrol birthday and this gave me some great ideas.

    I find it so much easier and kind of relaxing to do my errands and wander the grocery store without kids though I rarely get the opportunity to do it lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...