Friday, October 16, 2015

TGIF

Howcome the short weeks always feel super long? And I'm not even working! Oh well, we made it and it's Friday! Woo hoo.

The highs of the week were:
  • getting to spend Monday with Mr.D and Amelia
  • water fights with Amelia's bath toys
  • walk in the sunshine with Jen (& Wes) 
The low of the week was nothing really sticking out in my mind besides a few grumpy moments from Amelia.

The best money I spent was on some new hair product and some face masks. Shit, that doesn't make me sound very exciting at all! Haha.

The book I am currently reading is The House at the End of Hope Street. Lisa and Amber both talked about it, so I thought I would check it out. I'm enjoying it so far!

The meals we had were:
  • Monday: sandwhiches as we had no desire to cook
  • Tuesday: quiche with sausage and bacon
  • Wednesday: salmon with wild rice and cauliflower. We cooked the salmon as per this recipe, but added a dill sauce that Mr.D makes to it instead. We also followed the recipe below for the cauliflower...we never cut it any other way after finding this recipe! If you can't read the changes Mr.D made to the recipe, let me know.
  • Thursday: asian chicken meatballs with rice and broccoli. I found this recipe a long time ago and it's a good old standby in our house

Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments :

  1. The weather has been so nice! I hope this means a mild winter too. I swear weeks fly by now compared to when I was at home with Avery lol.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy it's the weekend!! This week FLEW by for me but I think that's been the case the last few weeks as I get ready for NYC!! Ahhh!!!

    I usually hate cooking but I'm doing more of it lately as I try and be a good influence, in the kitchen, for London. Today was all about the crockpot though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm yes, I love roasting my cauliflower. I cook broccoli and asparagus the same way too. Delicious! But sometimes I will sprinkle with a spicy mesquite (or other seasoning) to change it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha my best money spent this week was the sale on squeeze packs for Wes at superstore. That's lame. I need to try that cauliflower recipe! I haven't bought cauliflower in AGES- it used to be the only vegetable I hated (white broccoli, ewww) but I fell in love with it a couple years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure where this week went!! Holiday weeks always go so fast! I bought $6 leggings at Giant Tiger today and they are fleece lined!! Amazing deal of my week, and they had packages of sweet potatoe already to cook (skins off for Noah) for only $2!! I was excited and bought them all!! I've never tried cauliflower that way! I'm not a huge cooked veggie fan, but that recipe sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try that cauliflower recipe! Sounds good! And it's good that your week had no real lows :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cauliflower and especially when it's baked! I usually end up eating half of it out of the bowl before I even cook it though; its so yummy. It's been really expensive here lately, so I have not had any in quite a while. I can't wait for the next time I get some, as I will have to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're enjoying The House at the end of Hope Street. That was such an unexpected sweet and inspiring read for me!! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love baked and roasted cauliflower. I need to get on meal planning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...