Monday, November 16, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Hello Monday and hello friends! Can the weekends slow down already? Let's see what we were up to this weekend.

{friday} after Amelia's morning nap, we headed out to Cochrane to pick up Harley's dog food (his vet is there and we can only get his food from them). After that, we stopped at the grocery store to get a couple things. When she was down for her afternoon nap, I did a workout. Mr. D got home before Amelia woke up, so I finished up my workout and headed out for a walk with Harley. Mr.D left around dinner to go see the new Bond movie with his co-workers. I put Amelia to bed and just spent the evening watching terrible tv and reading my book in bed. I'm such a wild and crazy person ;)

{saturday} nothing exciting in the morning- Amelia decided 35 minutes was good enough for a nap. Luckily, she was pretty happy. Mr.D's parents came down just after lunch for a visit and we spent the afternoon hanging out. The boys put up the Christmas lights and went to check out a Harley shop. We made beef dips for dinner and had the most delicious salted caramel brownies for dessert (I'm not that fancy, they were from a box!)



{sunday} Mr.D made us a delicious pancake breakfast before his parents headed out. After his parents left, Amelia went down for her nap followed shortly by myself. It was so wonderful! In the afternoon, I took Harley for a run to enjoy the fabulous November weather {if you run on Sundays, make sure you link up with Becky for Sunday Runday!}. After our run, we hung around the house before dropping off the SUV at the dealership as it has to get checked out tomorrow.  I ended the night with some yoga and catching up on shows.




Tell me: how was your weekend?

12 comments :

  1. Sounds like a good weekend. You're a fast runner! Go you! I have GOT to get my booty back on the workout train!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I just had to get Layla dog food and he price went up AGAIN! Boo. Aren't griddles the best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your Friday night sounds perfect ;) I spent a lot of time reading this weekend since I did not want to do much else in the evenings!
    Awesome run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome weekend!! Nice and low key but with family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think quiet evenings spent reading are the best! Sometimes I quite enjoy when Jim is out after Sully is in bed because I can do whatever lame ass thing I want, haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend. What are you watching right now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm with you in wishing that they didn't go by so darn fast! Mine was super busy but I fit in a lot of fun things like a book exchange party and making dinner for our friends that just had a baby, and I got a lot done like laundry, raking/bagging of leaves at Phil's, ordering Christmas cards and some organizational projects! I just didn't have much downtime so am feeling a little tired this morning. But I did have a great run yesterday morning and was able to wear a t-shirt since it was so warm, which was nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have taken a nap this weekend while Swede was napping, but I never want to "waste" my free time sleeping!
    Salted caramel brownies sound delicious. Don't tell anyone but I actually prefer box brownies to homemade! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This weekend did go by extremely fast, didn't it? It seems like you got a lot done though! I had a good mix of relaxing and getting things done. I started working on my Christmas cards, went for a hike with a friend, read, cooked, ran and cleaned! I am hosting Thanksgiving so it's been a hectic time trying to organize and get everything ready for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our weekends sound about as wild and crazy around here!
    I'm envious of your Christmas lights! We're probably going without again this year because 1) we somehow lost our box of outdoor lights two moves ago and new ones are not on budget with another mat leave to plan for, and 2) the only aesthetically pleasing place to put them on our house is way up high, above the second floor which would mean renting a ladder/paying someone who's crazy enough to go up there. I think I'll just focus on making the inside pretty. :)
    Amelia is so adorable with her sweet smile and long blonde hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great weekend! Love that you put your lights up already. I am so ready to start decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm behind so I'm commenting on last weekends recap this weekend! But it sounds like you had a pretty great weekend. I'm embracing the quiet and relaxing weekends 100% these days. I do not want to make plans I want to spend evenings/afternoons on the couch with my book or Parenthood! So far it's working out pretty great for me :) haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...