Monday, November 23, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! Nothing too much happened around here this weekend.

{friday} let's just say that it wasn't the greatest day....I put Amelia down for a nap and once she was asleep, I went out to shovel the driveway as we had got a bit of snow. I came back in and she was crying, so I think Harley must have barked or whined while I was outside enough to wake her up. I let her cry for a bit hoping she would fall back asleep as it had only been ten minutes, but no such luck. I decided to pack us up and head out to run some errands. Amelia ended up falling asleep right as we got to Superstore, so I waited a couple minutes and decided to risk transferring her out of her car seat into the stroller. Luckily, she stayed asleep through the grocery trip , back into her car seat and the drive home where I had to wake her up. Mr.D gets home early on Fridays, so I told him that I needed 30 minutes to myself {my patience was lacking that day} and went to have a nap. Once I was up, I took Harley for a walk and then we just hung out for the night.

{saturday} we didn't do much in the morning...Mr.D had physio and I laid in bed reading while Amelia napped. In the late morning, one of my co-workers and his wife came over for a visit and brought us some delicious treats! In the afternoon, I took Harley for a walk and we just hung around the house. We did watch Inside Out which was super cute!



{sunday} shortly before Amelia went down for her morning nap, I left to take Harley for a run. We ended up running 7kms and felt like I was slogging through the kilometers. When I got home, I had a quick shower and blow dried my hair before Amelia got up. In the afternoon, Mr.D went to take the bottles in and run a couple errands. When he got home, I headed out to meet up with two ladies (I was buying and selling some lulu stuff) that lived in the south. On my way home, I made a quick stop at the Tri It store. Mr.D made us a delicious bacon and potato soup for dinner and then it was bath and bedtime for Amelia. We did the yoga workout from 21 day fix and watched tv/wrote this post before heading to bed. 




Tell me: how was your weekend?

11 comments :

  1. I had a super frustrating day on Saturday. I should have just taken a nap! (Grumpy baby/Tyler/I was EXHAUSTED)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling grumpy and short tempered on Saturday as well. Must have been something in the air that day.

    I'm sad I didn't get a chance to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had an awesome weekend - lots of baking and housework done, I love feeling productive! I watched Inside Out with our school children and I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia looks so grown up in that photo with the dress! So cute! Sorry to hear you had a frustrating day on Friday but it's good that you know your limits and know when to ask for help from Mr. D! I think it's better than trying to push through those feelings of impatience/frustration!

    My weekend was really fun! We met up with another couple on Friday and went to a couple of breweries. Phil loves beer and I don't so it was nice to meet up with a big group of people (it was my friend's sister's birthday so there was a large group) as it would not be as fun for Phil and I to go to a brewery by ourselves as he does not care to drink alone! On Saturday I ran in COLD weather, ran some errands and assembled one of the lasagnas I'll serve my family when I host them this Friday, and then we had another couple over for dinner and cards. I had no plans on Sunday which was awesome! I did a shred work out, went to yoga and did a bunch of stuff around the house! The weekend went entirely too fast but they always do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the nap thing, that was A yesterday and right now my patience is zero with her. Poor kid.
    Good run! I know that feeling when you just cannot get in a groove.
    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at Amelia pulling up! She'll be walking before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like t tell you yr patience will get better,,, but mine hasn't haha. The tantrum days are no fun, especially when they aren't feeling well! Haha. Those treats look yummy!! Can't believe how big A is getting!! Look at her standing up so proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you had a rough day on Friday. I hope some time away helped. The picture of A with the swiffer is so funny. Get them started young on helping around the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My weekend was pretty good. I had to get some bloodwork done on Saturday morning and had to fast for it and it was a bit of a gong show as life labs couldn't do the test I needed so I had to go to the hospital and by the time I got in it was like 9:30am and I was SO HANGRY!!! So that actually set a really crappy tone for the rest of my Saturday haha. Sunday was a great day though as we went to the gym, I went to yoga and then we hung some shelves in our laundry room and I also had some downtime reading on the couch in the evening which was so needed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amelia looks so big standing up! :) So cute. D and her can be twins in that dress I got her, Ds still fits!! :) Looks like you have a good helper on your hands there too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...