Friday, November 6, 2015

TGIF

Happy Friday everyone! We had a quiet week in terms of plans out of the house, but still managed to stay pretty busy. The weather has been crappy making walks less fun now.

This week, we:
  • Monday: in the morning, Amelia had an amazing nap of two hours! After her nap, we went to get groceries and pick up something at Costco. We came home to eat lunch and for Amelia to have another nap (1.5 hours this time!). Once she was up, we took Harley for a walk.
  • Tuesday: we didn't do too much in the morning...I decided to start prepping the hallway walls to repaint them (no colour change) while Amelia napped. When she got up, we took Harley for a walk and spent the day hanging out. We also went to the library to get library cards for both of us and checked out some books. I ended up reading two books to a little girl that was in the kids area with us- it was funny! That night, I ran to Home Depot to get paint and painted the hallway.
  • Wednesday: during Amelia's morning nap, I had to fix one wall that I screwed up the night before. After Amelia's nap, we went for a run and just spent the rest of the day hanging out as Harley was at doggie daycare. I also had a fun time making Amelia laugh:
  • Thursday: I enjoyed a nap while Amelia went down in the morning- I've been tired this week..darn time change! When Amelia got up, we took Harley for a walk, had lunch and ran to Wal-mart for a couple things. When Amelia went down in the afternoon, I got to work making some chicken pot pies to freeze and bring to Alison. I also made chocolate chip cookies. After dinner, I left the house for my night out and decided to get a manicure and pedicure as my brother had sent me money for my birthday. It was wonderful!
I added the pie crust after this picture
The best money I spent this week was on a flight for Amelia and I to go to Ontario in December. There was a seat sale, so it was just over $500 which is still crazy to fly within Canada. I also picked up a couple things for Amelia from Once Upon A Child- went there for other stuff, but had no luck. Last week, I ordered some stuff from Old Navy and it came this week. I got:

Not keeping the bottom right shirt as it fit weird on me. That dress is so comfortable!

The show I am watching is Hockey Wives. It's about wives of Canadian hockey players and is full of drama. Love it!

The meals we had were:

 Have a great weekend everyone!

20 comments :

  1. I love Hockey Wives too! Such a fun show, I love seeing that side of the NHL from the ladies' perspectives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, such a cute video! I had Josie in my lap and she giggled away with Amelia and even waved at the screen. Haha.
    Love your new outfits! You rock the Canadian girl look in that plaid top & vest.
    I have a friend (more of a friend of a friend) that works as the field coordinator for Hockey Wives. Maybe I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottom left top looks awesome on you! I had actually tried that exact one on when I went to Old Navy but the sleeves were too tight in the bicep area. Boo

    Those chicken pot pies are making me drool. I love them but my husband thinks pie should only be for fruit, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bottom left top looks awesome on you! I had actually tried that exact one on when I went to Old Navy but the sleeves were too tight in the bicep area. Boo

    Those chicken pot pies are making me drool. I love them but my husband thinks pie should only be for fruit, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually kind of like that bottom right shirt! Is it lace sleeves? I am loving hockey wives too!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a fan of Hockey Wives as well! That chicken pot pie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chicken pot pies look delicious! I've been wanting to make chicken and dumplings too. First snow of the winter here this week so I'm all about the comfort food!
    Love the plaid shirt and vest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pot pies look so yummy. I love chicken pot pie.

    Love your Old Navy haul!! I want all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable giggles! Awesome weeks of naps for Miss A! Love the Old Navy stuff. I think I want to get one of those vests.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the same vest in green! Now i want that plaid top, love it! Props to you for being the painter- i have ZERO patience for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jealous of the pot pies! I want to make some to freeze. I just need to get around to it.
    Love your ON haul! I bought a few sweaters there last week that hopefully last me awhile.
    I messed up that recipe too lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pot pies look delicious! Love that plaid shirt you got and that dress is super cute. Nice work on the painting - I'm not brave enough to paint on my own and Jim is too much of a perfectionist so he would probably redo what I did anyway hahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have had a good week! Those sweet baby giggles are the best..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new clothes are so cute!! Also love french dip sandwiches, I use Pioneer Woman's recipe though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhh she is so so so cute!! Those Chicken Pot Pies look yummy! And great clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hockey Wives is my guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those chicken pot pies look good! That's one of my favorite dishes. Do you put a regular pie crust on top, or a puff pastry type crust? I have made big ones before but found that I like making mini ones better, as they sometimes leak out the innards when you cut a large slice... What's your trick?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Hockey Wives sounds like an interesting show! What channel is it on?? Love that vest you got, I've been on the lookout for a vest so I might have to check out Old Navy. Amelia's giggles are SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! As usual all of the meals you made sound so good. This trip is my last one (hopefully) until December so I am looking forward to spending more time in the kitchen and eating out way less! I hope you guys had a great weekend. We had a lot of fun in Philly and at my friend's wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you again for the pies!! I love all your new clothes. I can't wait to shop!! Ha I just love hockey wives!! So enjoyable! ;) sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...