Monday, December 14, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! This weekend was a mix of good and bad. Let's see what we were up to:

{friday} oh boy, this was a bit of a rough day. It started in the morning when I decided to make a batch of ginger snaps. I've used this recipe before, but they totally failed. I decided to try my luck at some sugar cookies, but those had no desire to stick together at all. Then Amelia was just super cranky and didn't want to be put down all day. I realize this doesn't sound like a terrible day, but it was one of those days where everything just added up.  Luckily, I made one more batch of sugar cookies and they turned out. Once Amelia went to bed, I iced them and then sat my butt on the couch.

Do you know what made the day better though? I randomly won a North Face down jacket from Sport Chek just for retweeting something! Totally unexpected, but definitely made my day.


{saturday} the morning started off really good as Mr.D got up with Amelia and let me sleep in until 8:30am! Oh man, that was beyond fantastic. When Amelia went down for her nap, Mr.D headed out to go for a ride on his fat bike. When he got home, we took Harley for a walk in the cold sunshine. After dinner, I headed out to meet up with Jen as we were driving together to the other Jen's house for the blogger party. It was a fun evening even if I stayed up way past my bedtime! Thanks again girls :)


 
Jen, Jen, Brie, Ang, myself and Ashley


{sunday} Mr.D let me have a bit of a sleep in again, which was greatly appreciated after being up later than normal. Amelia just wasn't herself and was feeling super warm, so we decided to give her some pain medication and a cold bath. She was enjoying the bath until she decided to poop in the tub! So gross, haha. When Amelia went down for a nap, Mr.D took Harley out with him to Nose Hill park. I went down for a nap myself as I was a bit tired still. In the afternoon, I took Harley for a short run and then hung around the house. I made some soup for dinner and that's about it.



Tell me: how was your weekend?

16 comments :

  1. Ha ha! Sam has yet to poop in the tub! Kids are gross! ha ha! Hope Amelia is feeling better! Your cookies look YUMMY! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some baking too this weekend and one of the things didn't turn out..... so frustrating. And it was an easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha she pooped in the tub! It's funny even though it's a pain to clean up. So lucky with the coat winning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that at least one batch of cookies turned out! I know exactly how "those days" can be. How cool that you won the North Face jacket though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome win with the jacket! I know what you mean by "those" days I had one yesterday. I had to bake 7 dz cookies for an exchange and you'd think I would have picked a tried and true recipe but nope a brand new one...80 cookies later adn they are just okay, so I am going to ice them lol.
    Hope Amelia is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting that you won a North Face! I have get to break down and buy one. I hope A feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - what a great prize to win!! Do you get to pick the style/colour?? Yay for sleep-ins, I got to sleep-in both days too, thank goodness for nice husbands ;) I'm glad to report we've never had a bath time poop incident! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome you won the jacket!! I hope Amelia is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pooping in the tub is the worst! Especially when it's full of toys that need to also be cleaned!

    Glad you had a fun night Saturday and were able to sleep in both days. I hope Amelia is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome that you won a NF down jacket - those are EXPENSIVE!! I hope that Amelia is feeling better and that you have less challenging moments this week!

    My weekend was fun as I spent Fri night/Sat with my niece and nephew. I flew home on Sat night and spend the night with Phil. We watched a movie that I picked out which was awful (Happy Christmas). He is going to get me back for that one by picking some God awful boy movie. ;) On Sunday I slept in and then we laid in bed until 9:30 which was heavenly as I was so exhausted from my busy week. I met up with a friend for a run and then Phil came over and we looked at vacation websites (we are going to Mexico over my birthday), made chili and watched football. It was a delightfully relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully A is feeling better!! I hate it when baking fails!! I made my freezer batch of cookie dough and realized I forgot to add salt, so I went to add it and too much came out! Ahhh!! Hopefully they are good!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome that you won the jacket!
    Those needy baby days can really get tough. But that's what happens when you're a little babe's everything. :) Here's wishing for a few easy days in the mix of things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cookies look great! I also spent the weekend making cookies. It's turned into an annual girls weekend and my friend brings her kids over to help decorate. However, I skipped the royal icing this year as it always takes so long to dry! We ended up making shortbread, chocolate chip, snickerdoodles and sugar cookies (no frosting).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww I hope Amelia is feeling better! Those sugar cookies sure look nice!!! Mine never turn out that good, I am terrible at icing them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope Miss A is feeling better! I really want to make Christmas cookies this year, but I am running out of time. How does this time of year always go so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome you won! Was it the one you were wearing!? I liked it!! I want to make sugar cooked but I know I will just eat them all. Knock on wood - D never popped in the tub!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...