Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Catching up yet again

Oh man, life has been busy again and I just haven't felt like sitting down at the end of the day to blog. Must get better as life is only going to get busier when I return to work in a couple weeks. This is going to be another bullet point post to keep it simple!
  • last week, Mr.D came home from work on Wednesday and wasn't feeling good. He ended up catching the flu from me as well, but luckily he wasn't hit quite as hard as I was. He ended up staying home from work on Thursday
  • on Thursday night, my mom flew in so I picked her up from the airport
  • on Friday, I took Mr.D and his co-worker to the airport at 4am (gag!) as they were going to New Orleans for a conference (tough life haha)
  • since my mom has been here, we've:
    • gone to the mall
    • gone out for lunch
    • gone to the science centre
    • been up way too early every morning thanks to Amelia who has been liking the early 5am hour to be up 
    • laughed way too much
    • I went to get my hair done
 









15 comments :

  1. So nice that your mom is visiting. Also, she doesn't look old enough to even be your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you!! Glad you are enjoying your Mom's visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love time with my mom! Love your shirt in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so nice your mom is visiting! I love when my mom visits. But 5am wakeup calls? Just no. lol. I still consider that the middle of the night! ;)

    And I agree with Becky - your mom looks so young!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've been having a great time with your mom! I agree with Becky and Brie - She looks so young! But then half the time when I see a photo of you I think how young YOU look! I bet you hear that all the time. I used to and it drove me crazy, and now I never do and I miss it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it's almost time to go back to work! I feel like Amelia just got here, she is sooooo cute! I hope you had a blast with your mom (I have to echo though, she looks more like your sister! I hope I look that awesome when Ellie is having kids...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How was the science center? Lucky you got to have your mom come visit again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really can not believe how well your mom has aged! She looks so great! And you can tell her I said that! Sounds like you guys have been having fun together (besides the super early mornings!). I hope that the next couple of weeks before you go back to work go very slooooow! I am sure that will be a really tough adjustment so I will be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that an after pic of the hair? I see some highlights? Oh man, you'll have to tell us how going back to work after a year is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to echo Lisa's comment - your mom looks so great!! Glad you are having a nice visit with her and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's nice that you got a visit in with your mom...was she there just for the weekend? Amelia must love seeing her! Hope Mr D had a good trip to New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there :) 5am wake up is so tough ! I remember those days...
    BTW your hair looks good :)
    Are you nervous about returning to work?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice that you're having quality time with your mom! Enjoy those last few weeks pre-work. My only advice is try not to think about work. If I learned anything it's that going back to work is not the end of the world. I promise everything will fall into place in the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you guys are having fun!! Glad everyone is feeling better!!! Can't believe you are back to work in a few weeks!! That year seemed to go by so fast!! Are you going back full time or part time?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep meaning to take the kids to the science centre. Are there lots of things for 1-2 year olds to do?
    Geez Amelia, that is a pretty early wakeup! Let your parents sleep!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...