Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Run for L'Arche: training week one



Week one of training is in the books! It was a fairly good week of workouts. Let's see what I did:

Monday January 18
  • 4.0km walk
  • Week 3 day 1 workout from Sweat in the City. This workout included burpees and dumbbell thrusters 


Tuesday January 19
  • 6.41km tempo run 
    • warm up, 5:01, 5:07, 5:03, 5:14, 5:12, cool down

Wednesday January 20
  • 4km walk with Harley
  • Week 3 day 4 workout from Sweat in the City. It included goblet lunges and burpees 

Thursday January 21
  • 4.2km run with Amelia
  • Week 3 day 5 workout from Sweat in the City. This workout had my hamstrings sore for days thank you to the straight leg deadlifts!

Friday January 22
  • 4km walk with Harley
  • 21 day fix yoga 




Saturday January 23
  • 3.2km walk with Harley
  • Week 3 day 3 workout from Sweat in the City

Sunday January 24
  • 4 mile (6.4km) treadmill run
  • 3.5km walk with Harley

Tell me: how was your week of workouts?

8 comments :

  1. Great job on your workouts! You fit so much into the week! My workouts were so so last week as I'm still being careful about how much I work out due to my RA flare. I went to yoga 3 times, did a strength training workout and ran once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome week of workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! Hope you're still able to find time for workouts now that you're back at work. I have this perfect schedule figured out for mat leave that I'll have to completely reconfigure in March...
    My week = 3 5K runs on the treadmill at the gym (I'm jealous you have your own treadmill, I'm always thinking about if we should get one), 1 yoga class, and 1 barre class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Will you be getting up in the morning to workout before work now or waiting till you get home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! I have to google what goblet lunges are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! It seems like you are really getting back into the swing of things! I also used Hal Higdon for my half marathon training and I did the same as you did, I shortened it to 4 days per week instead of five.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fancy treadmill :) Sounds like a great week of workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a great week (especially with balancing going back to work!!)

    My workout week was great! Building my mileage and balancing cross-training well so far! And, my leg is sloooowwwwly getting better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...