Monday, January 25, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

I wish I could say happy Monday, but I'm back at work, not with Amelia and not on mat leave anymore. Quick someone tell me a funny joke so I can have a laugh today! 

Let's see what we got up to this weekend:

{friday} Amelia was at the day home in the morning again and it went fairly well. She cried when Mr.D dropped her off, but as soon as she saw the other kids she was done. She slept for an hour and forty five minutes (!!!) and was happy when she got up. She majorly clingy for the rest of the day, but I'm hoping that gets better once she is used to going there. 

While she was at the day home, I had a short nap and then took Harley for a walk. After I picked her up, we ran to Wal-Mart as I needed a couple things and wanted to see if they had these boots I saw at another location in my size. We didn't do much for the rest of the afternoon except playing and another nap for Amelia. 



{saturday} in the morning, Mr.D took Harley to the vet for his annual check up. Poor guy has to go back to have his teeth cleaned (I've tried doing it and yeah, that wasn't happening!). After Amelia's nap, we had some lunch and then headed to Canmore. One of Mr.D's friends were in town for his son's hockey tournament, so we wanted to see them. We stayed for the game and then headed out so Amelia could nap on the way home. Neither of us felt like cooking, so we got take out from Joey's. Once Amelia was in bed, I did a quick workout and made some energy balls for the work week (gah, not sure I'm ready for this!). 



{sunday} Mr.D let me have a bit of a sleep in, so that was wonderful! Once I was up, I made some baked oatmeal for breakfast this week and then cleaned our bathroom. Mr.D headed out to go biking with a co-worker, so once Amelia was down for a nap, I hopped on the treadmill for a sweaty and slow 4 mile run. Once Amelia was up, we just hung out, played and had lunch. Mr.D got home around 1pm, and I headed out to take Harley for a walk. When I got home, we traded off and Mr.D headed out to get groceries. I made a delicious chili and cornbread skillet for dinner- it was so good! 




 Tell me: how was your weekend?

16 comments :

  1. Good luck today back to work! It will be easier as time goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your first day back to work goes well!!! Sounds like a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good weekend. Thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your first day back at work today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about you all weekend! Best of luck today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck at work! That skillet dish sounds good! What seat do you now have for the car?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never have any luck cleaning my dog's teeth either! She is probably due for a professional cleaning soon.
    I'm checking out that skillet chili/cornbread recipe right now!
    I hope this week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're having a good day back at work. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had a joke to tell you so you would have a reason to smile. I have been thinking about you today and hoping that your first day back goes ok!

    That cornbread skillet looks soooo good. I will have to make that sometime!

    My weekend was fairly low key. We had another couple over for dinner on Friday and not much planned besides that. I had more trouble with my RA in my foot this time so I took it easy and only went to 1 yoga class. Hopefully I can get back to a normal workout schedule this week as I am feeling antsy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your first day back to work was good! I have a joke for you: So this guy goes into the psychiatrist's office and the psych says, "tell me what your issue is". The guy says, "I keep having these recurring dreams. First I am a wigwam, then I am a tee-pee, then I am a wigwam, then I am a tee-pee. It's driving me crazy!" The doc says, "I know what is wrong with you; you are too tents!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought a very similar pair of boots in grey this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did your first day back go? I hope it went okay! I've gotta say, I LOVE that you get such a long maternity leave in Canada, but I think it would be SO hard to go back! I could barely remember my computer passwords when I went back after 15ish weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a good first day back at work! That chilli and cornbread skillet sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute boots!! Mmm that chili and corn bread looks awesome. Glad you had a good weekend before heading back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also find Quinn is pretty clingy when I pick her up, I think it's tough for them to get used to not being the only one who needs attention in the day home. Hope your week went well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...