Friday, January 22, 2016

TGIF

Happy Friday everyone! Thank you all for your supportive comments and helpful tips on my post yesterday.  I just need to remember that this change will take a bit to become our new normal and that I can't do everything.


From this week:
  • Monday: Amelia was at the day home in the morning and Mr.D dropped her off. I got up and went to get groceries. I came home, took Harley for a walk and then watched a bit of TV before going to pick up Amelia. She slept well and wasn't crying when I got there, so that was good. In the afternoon, we took Harley for a walk and played at home. In the evening, I made chocolate chip cookies and banana bread.
  • Tuesday: after Amelia's morning nap, we headed over to Alison's house for a playdate with her (Delainey and Ryder), Brie + Sully and Jen + Wes. It was nice to get out of the house and see everyone. Thanks again Alison! When we got home, we played and Amelia had a nap. Once Amelia was in bed, I went for a run with Harley
  • Wednesday: Amelia was at the day home again (she cried when Mr.D dropped her off this time, but napped well and was okay when I got there), so I spent the morning laying in bed reading and having a nap. After I picked her up, we came home for lunch and then took Harley for a walk. After dinner, I headed out to the mall to find some new work clothes. I ended up finding a pair of pants, three sweaters, a dress, necklace and earrings. Not bad!
  • Thursday: after Amelia's morning nap, we went out for a short run and then went to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple things. The rest of the day was spent hanging around the house playing and vacuuming.

Three little monkey's jumping on the bed!





The book I am reading is So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman. I'm a bit more than half way through and still not sure what to think of it. 


The meals we had were:

We don't have much planned for the weekend- a vet appointment for Harley and Mr.D is going biking. Other than that, I'm hoping to make a couple snacks and breakfasts for next week. And lots of cuddling Amelia!




Have a great weekend everyone!

12 comments :

  1. Hey! Wes missed the photo op! He has FOMO. Looks like some great work clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens when you arrive two hours late! ;) ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the new clothes!! Play date sounds fun!!! Hope your transition back to work goes well!!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clothes, where did you get them? Now that we do not have a RW here I have (had) a horrible time finding clothes that fit, everything is too big :(
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that you guys all got together for a play date! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I really do love that picture of the little monkeys. I wish we had taken more though! I hope we will still get to have playdates once in a while! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a fun week! I'm glad the trial week at daycare has gone pretty well. I'm sure she'll adjust and come to love going there. I hope that you guys have a fun and relaxing weekend. You should definitely give yourself permission to take it easy and enjoy a nap or something like that because I am sure the next couple of weeks are going to be exhausting as you adjust to your new schedule. Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo from the playdate!! So cute! Also, nice job on the clothes for work-- everything looks great! I hope your last weekend of mat leave goes well and you get lots and lots of cuddles!! I'll be thinking about you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New work clothes makes it a little bit easier Right!??! ;-) Very stylish! Sometimes I think fondly of the days when I looked nicer more often. Between maternity leave and working from home there's not very much stylish going on.
    Love A's little ponytail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you found some new clothes. We should go shopping one of these days! Where did you have such good luck? Playdate was so fun. We need another. Cutest kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man it's so hard to drop them off when they cry! Quinns is more of a protest than anything else but it's still so hard.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...