Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend recap + Amelia's first birthday

Happy Monday everyone! We had a busy, but fun weekend. I'm trying not to think too hard about this being my last week at home. It's a strange feeling and not sure I like it.

{friday} after Amelia's morning nap, I dropped her off at the day home for 1.5 hours to start getting used to it. She didn't want to go to our day home provider at first, but she did and didn't cry. I quickly left and headed out to pick up dog food from the vet and get some balloons for Amelia's party. When I came back to pick her up, Amelia was crying. Our day home provider said she was doing fine until she picked her up to change her bum and she lost it. She was herself for the rest of the afternoon and weekend, so that makes me feel better. When we got home, we had some lunch and played for the afternoon until nap time. Once Mr.D got home, I took Harley for a walk and we had a quiet night in as I had to finish cleaning the house and working on stuff for the party.

{saturday} this was the day of Amelia's party! Once Amelia went down for her nap, Mr.D took Harley to the dog sitter's (it was just easier not to have him here with all of the kids) and I finished getting all of the food ready. Amelia's guests arrived around 11am (we had my BIL/SIL and kids, Alison & Justin and kids, and my friend Kim). I think Amelia and everyone had fun so it was a success :) I had made a little smash cake her for her {cake making is so not one of my talents} and she was so funny once we finished singing to her- she would just take a little bit to eat each time, but she loved it! 















After the party, we cleaned up and Amelia (along with us) went down for a nap. We didn't do much else for the rest of the day except hang around the house and then watch The Martian once Amelia was in bed.

{sunday} Amelia's birthday! Amelia had a bit of a sleep in (6:30am which is MUCH better than 5am), but was a bit grumpy. Mr.D made us delicious pancakes for breakfast and then Amelia went down for a nap. Once she was up, we went to the mall to pick something up and have some lunch. After that, we headed to a play centre near us so Amelia could crawl around and go down the slides. She seemed like she had a lot of fun! Later in the afternoon, I took Harley for a run and did a quick 21 day fix workout. We facetimed with my family in Ontario as well so they could say happy birthday. After dinner, we let her have more of her birthday cake and she had a bit of sugar rush!






It's crazy how fast this year has gone and how much Amelia has grown. 

17 comments :

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Hopefully the transition to daycare goes good once she is there full time. It's so funny how they are - cry when you drop them off and then by the end of the day, crying again cuz they don't want to leave! Good luck going back to work (Whenever that is - not an easy task when you have been off a year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you go back to w-o-r-k? Smash cakes are the best! Happy birthday to Amelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe she is one!!! Day care transition is hard but it does get easier, promise! She will love it and cry when she has to go home! ha ha! Looks like a really great birthday party! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like she had a great birthday! I can't believe she is already one, though! I hope the transition to daycare goes ok. I will be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great birthday weekend!! Glad she isn't adjusting too badly at the day home! When is your first day back to work? That year went by so fast!! The days are long, but the years are short!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too fun! Happy Birthday Amelia!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! Crazy how fast that year went by. Good luck with the transition back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Amelia!! Enjoy this week and I promise next week will go great :) Just take it one day at a time. Before you know it Amelia will prefer dayhome over hanging out at home lol. I get asked all weekend to go to dayhome - I am that lame apparently ;)
    Love the cake photo, it is so fun to see them with their cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Amelia! This year has gone by so fast! Enjoy your last week of maternity leave and I hope Amelia's transition to the day home goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Amelia!! It sounds like you had a great weekend! I know the transition, back to work, is going to be tough but I promise it does get easier. I think I cried every day for a month after dropping London off and then I used to drive by the daycare a few times a day in the hopes I would see him (yes, I'm a crazy mom hahahaha!) Enjoy your last week at home. I'll be thinking about you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Amelia! The party looked awesome! Love the water bottle labels, so cute! ;) And isn't icing a cake so much more difficult than it seems like it should be?! I had such a tough time icing Sully's first birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun party! I hope your transition back to work goes OK. I think one is almost a harder age to start leaving your child with "strangers" than three months since they are so much more attached to you & the separation anxiety is high. I'm sure she will adapt quickly though and have so much fun there while you're at work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy smokes I just cannot believe it's been a year. In some ways it feels like yesterday that we were in SF and you were pregnant! Time really flies. Amelia is so cute - I love the last picture with her hair everywhere!! I hope she adjusts to the dayhome soon, that would be a really tough transition. Good luck with this last week getting ready to go back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looks like she's loving the birthday cake! I love the balloons in her crib, such a fun idea :)
    Good luck with the dayhome/back to work transition, that is one thing I am so not looking forward to (but it seems to be creeping up so quickly!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. in new York because althea editorial decision I’ve done in new York not in los angels and that what you just heard from cognizant of what you think Expert Lift IQ that's made so much fun couple of people probably a descendant email astronomy cold but you guys without them personally them that's what you what was the problem too and a.

    http://t-rexmusclefacts.com/expert-lift-iq/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute party!! Good jon. Thanks for inviting us. Looks like she had a very special weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the party decor :) looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...